Child of Surprise

KAER MORHEN - Kaedwen

The teleport opened and they landed in the same room where they had their last conversation. Ciri immediately started running around the whole room and staring at everything. Yennefer looked sadly at Geralt. He immediately squeezed her hand. He understood her worries, he felt the pain too. Pain from losing each other. He pulled her closer to him and hugged her.
"Don't look backwards Yen.. we both need time to heal our hearts.. and I swear I'm not going anywhere. I'll stay with you. Alright?" he looked at her. She raised her eyes on him and she nodded. She loved that he could always make her feel better, that he cared about her no matter what. She then started looking at Ciri.
"Can she even sit on her ass for a while?" Yennefer laughed a bit.
"I'm afraid she can't." Geralt said with laughing.
"I hope my nerves are strong enough to handle her." she said honestly.
"C'mon, you nerves can handle me. She will be the walk through the pink garden for you." Geralt was teasing her. She pulled away from him and she raised her eyebrow on him.
"Are you sure about my nerves? Because sometimes I would like to kill you Geralt."
"No you wouldn't.. you like me too much.." he said with laughing. Their conversation became again like before. He looked into her beautiful eyes which he loved the most in the whole world. He leaned closer to her and kissed her on her lips. She groaned into his mouth. They started kissing passionately.
"Ahm.." Ciri coughed. They immediately pulled away from each other and they pretended like they wasn't passionately kissing a couple seconds later.
"Would you show me the whole castle please?" Ciri asked Geralt with excitement. She noticed that they both were quite embarrassed. She wanted to laugh but she was trying to stay calm.
"Of course." Geralt was trying to smile.
"Yes!" Ciri was excited. She really loved that place even if she was there just a five minutes. She turned around and she started going towards the door.
"I didn't notice her at all.. she is walking like a ghost." Yennefer admitted.
"I suppose we should be more careful with kissing now.." Geralt smiled teasingly and then he kissed her softly on her lips. Yennefer caressed his face.
"Indeed." she purred.
"Are you coming?!" Ciri shouted at them from the stairs. She started to be really impatient. Geralt pulled away from Yennefer.
"I think we should give her something on sleep.." Geralt said with laughing.
"Come, she is waiting and women don't like to wait.." Yennefer laughed.
"Are you talking about yourself now?" Geralt raised his eyebrow.
"Of course.. I always talk about myself."
She started walking towards the door. Geralt smiled and followed her.

They entered into the main hall. They were walking around the tables when they spotted Eskel how he was going towards shelfs with ingredients.
"Eskel!" Geralt shouted at him. Eskel almost jumped from the fear, he immediately turned to him.
"Ger.." he didn't finish because his words stucked in his throat when he spotted Yennefer.
"Hi, Eskel.." Yennefer smiled at him. Eskel was speechless. He didn't understand how it was possible that she didn't already kill Geralt for what he said to her as he heard from him.
"I brought also a small guest here.." Geralt smiled. Ciri was standing behind their back, then she showed up yourself. She was a ashamed of Eskel.
Eskel mouth fell down open.
"What? I thought we're sterile Geralt.. How is that.." Geralt cut him.
"She is not my daughter you fool.." Geralt rolled his eyes. Ciri snuggled closer to him.
"But that hair.." Eskel was surprised.
"Maybe we have almost the same colour of hair but that doesn't mean she is my daughter. She is my Child of Surprise." Geralt explained.
"Oh.. I understand now but she isn't the boy.." Eskel looked seriously at Geralt.
"I know." Geralt knew they needed boys to be the witchers and not a girls.
"What means Child of Surprise?" Ciri interrupted them, she was confused. Eskel looked at Geralt uneasily.
"Later Ciri.. I will explain everything." Geralt looked at her and caressed her hair. Yennefer smiled at him.
He would be a amazing father, she thought.

"You gotta be kidding me.." Lambert told them when he came from the kitchen. "I heard your voices.. but I thought that I only had some hallucinations or what after the elixirs.." Lambert stood up next to Eskel and he crossed his arms.
"Then I must let you down Lambert.. your mind is still alright." Geralt said calmly. Lambert didn't answered on his comment because he started looking at Yennefer.
"I heard that you died in Soden.. You raised from the dead?" Lambert faked his smiled. Geralt frowned at him.
"Hallelujah.." Yennefer smiled sarcastically. Lambert rolled his eyes, then he spotted Ciri.
"Who is that little girl?" Lambert came closer to her.
"I'm Ciri.." she answered with a fear. Lambert then raised his eyes on Geralt.
"My Child of Surprise." Geralt explained. Lambert narrowed his eyes on Ciri. Ciri looked away because he looked scary.
"Do you want something to eat?" Eskel interrupted the raising tension.
"We would like to.." Yennefer answered for all of them. Without another word she started walking towards the kitchen. Ciri immediately ran after her. Lambert and Eskel then looked seriously at Geralt.
"I think you owe us the big explanation now.." Lambert told him a bit angrily.
"I think you right." Geralt said honestly.