Recovery [Wroetozerk]

Author's Notes: Hiya everyone! So iggyzzo sent me a brilliant request for a Wroetozerk One Shot and I loved writing it - thank you so much for sharing your idea with me, I hope that I did it justice! X

After dealing with depression for most of his life, Josh won the battle and wears his scars proudly. When he notices Harry slipping into his old ways, can Josh be the one to save him?

Word Count: 2728

Trigger Warning: This One Shot features themes of self-harm. Please don't read if this subject is potentially triggering for you. Thank you  

~✖~

Josh Bradley had battled depression for years. His life was a daily battle, he had become isolated from his friends and family. Whenever he had a bad day, his razor would be his only form of comfort. 

However, there was a light at the end of the tunnel. And Josh Bradley had won the battle. He had escaped from the deep, dark pool of depression and his razor had not touched his skin for years.

He would still take his anti-depressant tablets, twice a day and there were times where Josh would feel down, but he had never fallen back into his old ways. Josh was a warrior and he hadn't looked back. 

Josh wears his scars proudly - his scars tell a story, his story of recovery. He is open about his past struggles with The Sidemen and he often discusses his past in his videos. He decided that by sharing his story with the world, then maybe he could help others who were struggling with depression. 

If he was able to help just one person, by sharing his story, by showing them that they aren't alone and that things do get better, then that was more than enough for Josh. 

~✖~

Over the last couple of weeks, Josh had observed how when The Sidemen filmed videos together, Harry had gradually become more withdrawn and less involved with the group,

He had laughed along, fair enough, but his smiles looked forced and the bags under his eyes implied that he hadn't been sleeping properly. More recently, he had also been wearing long-sleeved tops, even when the weather was sweltering hot and that alarmed Josh.

Josh's thoughts were racing. The fake smiles, the long sleeves, these signs seemed all too familiar. The thoughts of one of his best friends going through the same struggles that he did made his stomach lurch.

With that, Josh grabbed his jacket and car keys, and drove to Harry's apartment. The journey seemed longer than usual, whenever he stopped at traffic lights, his fingers drummed on the steering wheel impatiently, the anxiety bubbling inside him.

When he finally made it to the apartment complex, his fingers pressed the familiar five-digit code and he pulled the door open. As Ethan and Tobi, and a few of his other friends also lived in the same complex, Josh was here quite often to film videos, attend parties and to generally spend time with his mates.

On his way to Harry's apartment, he passed Tobi and his brother, Manny. Tobi looked surprised to see him.

"Oh, hey dude. You alright?"

"Hey Josh," Manny grinned.

Josh nodded, smiling at the boys. "Not bad mate, just here to see Haz."

"Ah alright, we're off to watch the Liverpool game. See you later!" Tobi replied. Manny rubbed his hands together excitedly. 

"Nice, have fun guys, see ya." Josh replied.

With that, the brothers left the apartment building and Josh could hear Manny shouting "come on you Reds!"