Chapter 28: Just one more time

Vienna's POV

"What the fuck were you thinking Vienna" He yelled as soon as we were in the privacy of his room, though I didn't want to come straight to his room but I'm tired and I don't want to roam around this unfamiliar house looking for a room but even if I was willing to wander this huge house at this hour of night, I'm hundred percent sure Ryan wouldn't have let me sleep in another room.

"Vienna I'm talking to you. Don't you fucking dare ignore me" He added grabbing my arm turning me towards him a little too roughly for my liking.

I can tell by his voice that he is raging mad at me.

"Ryan let's not make a big deal out of all this, it was just a simple party" I replied with a shrug.

I really don't get what was so big deal about it. It was just another normal party to which people normally go and that's what we did.

Why create so much fuss over it?

"A party I clearly told you all not to go to" He snapped in a high pitched voice, I don't really remember the last time I saw him this mad at someone, especially at me and I would have probably cowered away from the look on his face only if I hadn't had the drinks, I had back at the party.

I guess alcohol and me are not that much of a bad combo after all.

"But why? Why Ryan? Why do you want to control everybody's life" I snapped back.

"Vienna I'm not controlling your life, neither anybody else's, I just don't want you to get into any kind of trouble" He replied running a hand through his hair, clearly looking frustrated.

"I cannot see you getting hurt" He added a moment later and for a fleeting second those words had my heart and anger both melting at the same time.

"What kind of harm do you think would have come to me in a stupid party with a bunch of wasted teenagers around me" I said frowning.

"Vienna..." He took a pause and sighed.

"There are a few things you don't know and I would like it to be that way only..." He continued softly.

"No. I want to know it...I want to know it all. I want to know why I can't go to a damn party like any other normal person" I said interrupting him.

"No rather I think we should talk about what you did tonight. You didn't just go alone, you took my sisters along with you. I know it was all your plan or else they wouldn't have gone to that party after I told them not to" He replied, his voice a little calmer this time.

"Well your family might be your puppet but I'm not" I said sarcastically, folding my hands.

"No one's my puppet Vienna. I'm doing all this to keep everyone safe...to keep my family safe. But today you didn't just put your own life at danger but my sisters lives too" He accused.

"Are you really this mad because you were worried or are you just mad because I didn't listen to you...because I didn't obey you and that might have bruised your big fat male ego" I replied as he stared at me for a second and blinked as if not believing what I just said.

"Do you really think that or is it just the alcohol talking" He said before shaking his head.

But maybe he was right...I just blabbered that out without even thinking but I do know that he deeply cares for his family and that's the reason why he is so mad.

"I didn't even had that much" I mumbled subconsciously as a hint of amusement flashed through his eyes but it was gone as soon as it came.

"Vienna I'm their elder brother and my mother is not here right now which leaves me responsible for them. I'm a father figure in their lives ever since our dad passed away, for once I can believe that Sam can handle things if they go out of hand but Scar and Charlotte are just seventeen years old..." He said after a brief moment of silence.