{Chapter 16}

Before you get started, I just wanna say that you guys are so sweet! Keep commenting, I love seeing them💓✨
_________________________
Everett POV:

I told Blue to follow me to the back, where I got to clean up and maybe explain things to her. If I even could, how did she find me here?

She stood next to the sink, hand on chin, with lost eyes. I rinsed off my hands in the icy water.

"Hey Blue, I'm sorry." I said, turning towards her, softening my eyes. She wasn't looking at me, and it broke my heart.

Well, cracked my already broke one, if that makes sense.

"I saw you won." She laughed, smiling lightly at the ground. Her little statement made pride well in my chest, though worry still lingered.

"Not really, because you're angry with me. I can feel it." I swallowed. Leave it to me to almost have her and then this. I hate it when she's quiet.

"I'm not mad. I'm confused, why didn't you tell me?" She said, furrowing her eyebrows. She finally looked me in the eyes. They were in their puppy dog gaze.

"I-I knew you'd hate it so I kept it to myself."

She has an epiphany, "Your face on that day. At school." She shakes her head.

"I wish you wouldn't lie. Everybody thinks I can't take it." She finishes. I realize that she is much more than she puts out, I shouldn't have underestimated her.

"Indigo, there's a lot I can't tell you, and I didn't want you to see me like this." I admit. Maybe I didn't know how much I didn't want to disappoint her.

I don't know what to think or what I could tell her.

"I want to see you any way. I'll let you tell me what you want to when you want to, but don't be scared. I could never hate you, Everett. I'm here to listen." She says.

And I don't know, maybe it's because I've never heard those words said to me in my life. Maybe it's because they're coming from her, but my eyes feel wet and something's stuck in my throat.

This is exactly what I need.

I wrap my arms around her, and she does the same. I want to stay like this, warm and with her.

"Thank you, Blue. I don't deserve you, not at all." I say, because it's true. Out of everything I deserve in this world, Blue is the farthest from it.

"Shush." She huffs, snuggling her head into my chest.

She peeks out of my arms. Blue furrows her eyebrows and brings a finger up to my cheek, lightly.

She frowns, "You're cut. Like all over." She takes a step back and assesses me. The blush is so evident on her cheeks.

"Is there a kit somewhere?" She asks, starting to walk around in search of one. I know she's found it when she makes an happy sound from behind the table.

Here she goes again.

She sits crisscrossed on the rug, tapping the floor, wanting me to sit too. Reluctantly, I sit in the same style, and let her work her tiny hands around my cuts.

"Déjá vu, huh?" I chuckle, remembering all those days ago when she aided me, without a clue to a reason why she even needed to.

"Yeah, it hurts my heart to see you hurt. Would you ever... stop fighting?" She pouted, bit in the inside of her cheek.

"I don't know," I looked off, "I guess if you really wanted me to." I said.

She took her eyes off of my cheek and looked at me. Her eyes were so open, yet I had no idea what she was thinking.

"Just because of me?" She cocked her head, taken aback.

"I would do anything for you, Blue. Quitting this would be a minuscule thing." I shook my head.

She plopped the top of her head against my chest. Her little self couldn't handle it.

"What are you doing?" I laughed.

She shook her head. "Stop saying those cute things. I'm going to die, Everett!" She pouted.

She's right, I'm going soft.

She lifts her head up, "So, when's the next fight? I'm gonna make a huge sign and I'm gonna come cheer for you." She nods.

I let out a dry laugh, "You're not coming here again. It's not a place for you." I say.

She immediately frowns, "But I wanna come back! I'm gonna get one of those glitter tops and everything." Her bottom lip juts out a bit.

"Definitely not now." I shake my head. I could never let the the kind of men here see her in that. Not a chance.

She huffs and turns around, crossing her arms. She doesn't talk to me, just sits.

I lay down on the floor, on the side she's facing, so I can look at her. She definitely mad, with creased creased brows, pouty lips and everything.

I sigh, "Blue, come on. It's really not safe. Not for you." I say, tapping on her knee.

"But I wanna see you in action! You know, be in your scene." She says.

"My scene isn't for you, Blue."

She blinks and her lips part just slightly.

"Yeah, m-maybe it's not." She swallows.

She goes to get up, but I grab her arm, lightly.

"Blue, that's not what I meant, you know that." I say, softening my eyes.

"No, what if you're right? You shouldn't have to change anything on my behalf." She says, turning to me.

I shake my head. "But I want to change, for you. And I-I do want you here, I'm just scared. I can't let anything happen to you and let it be my fault."

She looks up at me, "I don't want that. Constant fear. I would gladly let you into my mind and my lifestyle, without a second thought. I'm willing to give you time, but I also need you to work with me. Little by little." She smiles.

"Right now, that little is letting me come here, in my glittery top, to cheer loud as h-h...ell!" She gives me a firm look, but I can see the uncomfortable look at her cursing.

I can't help but smile.

I cross my arms, "Fine. I'll tell you when the next match is." I shake my head.

I can't believe I agreed to that.

Madden and Renna come in then. They both look irritated, no doubt at each other.

"Why do you look so sly?" Renna smirks at Blue.

She tilts her head in my direction, trying hard to keep the wide smile off her lips,

"Time to go shopping."

_______________________________
Oooo I updated again?!?

I hope you enjoyed this roller coaster😂
basically this is just turning into a collection of fluff oops

Stay cool, Wattpadians

~B

(PS I love the ship names lmao Indeverett is s'cute) courtesy of SSScarllet