43. Identity revealed

Chapter 43.
Identity revealed.

Kang-seong slammed the door to Poong Wol Joo's office shut with a loud bang. How dare that old man expel him from Hwarang? And without even giving a valid reason! He stormed out and noticed another person. A Hwarang was leaning against the wall casually as if waiting for him. Kang-seong recognized him as one of Ban-ryu's roommates. Jae-won, was it?

"I guess this means goodbye. Can't say I am going to miss you."

Kang-seong frowned. What did he mean? Did he know already? Was he the reason he got thrown out of Seonmoon? Noticing his frown, Jae-won smirked. "Don't be like that. You know you deserved worse than this. After everything you have done... this is nothing."

"What the hell is that supposed to mean?" he snapped, trying to hide his sudden nervousness.

Jae-won stepped away from the wall to stand in front of him. His voice was low and unwavering as he narrowed his eyes at him, lifting a fist and counting off, "you had destroyed our instruments during the Hangawi festival and almost cost us a fail."

Adding a second finger, "you go and tell Park Young-shil that the King is in Seonmoon." That made Kang-seong gulp.

Extending a third finger he went on, "I saw you as part of the group of assassins that came to kill Seon-woo hyung," a fourth digit, "because of your information, all our lives were at risk in South Buyeo," and lifting the last finger, "and because of that same information, Han-seong is dead today."

With a deadly glare Jae-won closed his fist and added as an afterthought, "also, you have made Ban-ryu's life miserable ever since you became his Nangdoo. So, tell me why you shouldn't be thrown out of here like the traitor you are."

Kang-seong was dumbfounded. How did this guy know all this? But if he got kicked out... Grabbing Jae-won's robes roughly he shouted, "how dare you do this? Do you know who I am? I am Kang-seong! Park Young-shil is going to-"

Jae-won threw him off roughly, twisting his wrists in the process making him scream in pain. "Park Young-shil will do nothing for you because now you are of no more use to him," he huffed as he dusted off his robes without sparing him a glance.

Trying to grasp at any chance, Kang-seong warned, "Ban-ryu can't get a pass without his Nangdoo!"

"Oh really?" Jae-won's unworried smile made him lose his confidence. "Good thing, he has been assigned Han-seong's Nangdoo then." Kang-seong left in defeat.

...

The next time Ji-dwi went to meet his mother she informed him that Seon-woo was a Sacred Bone who was a legitimate heir who could challenge him for the throne.

He remained impassive, forcing himself not to react, because he already knew about this. He was the first one his friend had told this to. But now if Queen Ji-so knew, she would surely try to kill him under the guise that he had the audacity to pretend to be the King.