Chapter 14

Once the two settled into the hotel they were staying at, they decided to travel New York.

First, Times Square. Lauren loved to see Camila smile and grab her shoulder as she saw something that she hadn't seen before.

The two decided to walk because of all the unavailable parking spots and busy streets there.

"C'mon," Lauren said grabbing Camila's hand and leading her over to a frozen yogurt stop.

"Cold stone? I've never had it." Camila said staring at the bold colors in the title.

"It's really good, it's my favorite in New York." Lauren smiled and so did Camila. Camila liked knowing and exploring what Lauren liked.

"You've been to New York then?"

"Yes, some months back. Come on, my lil cashier girl." Lauren smiled at Camila, opening the door for her.

The two got what they want and took a seat by the window.

"So, what do you like to do in your spare time besides bagging groceries and ringing up the cashier?" Lauren settled her gaze on the younger girl.

"I like to sing and play guitar, I guess." Camila shrugged, she didn't do much in her spare time to think of it now.

"Really? Play for me one day."

"I would never, I've never really played in front of anyone." Camila admitted sheepishly.

"Even Dinah?" Lauren cocked her head to the side, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Nope, not even my mom either. Every time I do it and she comes in my room, I just stop. Even my dad doesn't know."

"Play for me and I'll do the same for you, one day." Lauren bargained up a deal.

"You sing?" Camila asked.

"That's what I'm currently kind of majoring in right now besides the business major I'm also doing." Lauren smiled.

"Business and music?" Camila asked.

"Yes. I always need a back up in case it doesn't work out, you know and I can't work as a barista for my whole life anyways, not unless I'm the owner of the shop. Now, what do you say about that? You sing for me and I'll sing for you?"

"I don't know, Laur..." Camila bit her lip.

"Please, come on. I'll even sing my own song, baby girl," Lauren pleaded even though she hadn't even made her own actual song yet, she only had bits of pieces.

"Fine, whenever I have a guitar in hand, I'll do it." Camila gave a small frustrated sigh.

"But, I'm excited to hear that song," Camila smiled.

"And baby girl?" Camila arched an eyebrow.

"You're going to love it babe, and you know you love my nicknames for you." Lauren grinned.

-

They went to a museum next, taking many pictures by the statues and paintings.

"I love this painting," Camila commented looking at the many colors and how vibrant it was.

"Cypresses by Van Gogh. He was an amazing man." Lauren said gazing at the painting.

"Wow, you know your paints." Camila said making Lauren chuckle.

"I love Van Gogh, he was a man with a mysterious mind and beautiful quotes." Lauren said as Camila smiled at Lauren.

Lauren returned the eye contact and furrowed her eyebrows. "What?"