twenty two

22|PLANS

The sun had risen over the hot land, allowing them to see where they were going as they traveled to the camp. Only Kuiil travelling on the remaining Blurrg.

"You think they're having second thoughts?" Cara asked quietly to Mando and Asra.

"Could be." Mando answered back, looking behind to check on the still sleeping child. "I need your eyes."

"I'm watching." After walking for ages they finally arrived on the edge that overlooked the camp. Asra grabbed the Mandalorians hand in fear as she realised the two guild members were stood behind them.

"I guess this is it." Greef spoke up before spinning around and shooting the two bounty hunters that stood behind them all. The Mandalorian and Shock Trooper both had their blasters raised at the man. The leader raised his hands in surrender and walked slowly over to the two dead bodies. "There's something you should know. The plan was to kill you and take the kid. But after what happened last night, I couldn't go through with it. Go on. You can gun me down here and now and it wouldn't violate the Code. But if you do, this child will never be safe."

"Din." Asra whispered, putting a hand on his back as she gave him a pleading look. "He is right, we need his help."

"We'll take our chances." Cara snapped at the man, not hearing the conversation between the pair.

"The Imperial client is obsessed with obtaining this asset." Greef continued, gesturing to the innocent child. "You tried to run, but where did it get you?"

"This is ridiculous." The shock trooper snapped.

"Perhaps you should let me speak." Kuiil spoke up while checking the dead bodies.

"Listen, we both need the client to be eliminated." The Guild leader reasoned with the bounty hunter. "Let me take the child to him and then you two-"

"No." Mando cut him off, brushing off Asras hand.

"Let's just kill him and get outta here." Cara growled, raising her weapon to his head.

"He's right." The Mandalorian lowered his blaster causing Asra to smile and breathe out.

"What are you doing?" The shock trooper mumbled, still holding her blaster high.

"As long as the Imp lives, he'll send hunters after the child." Mando explained to the woman.

"It's a trap."

"Bring me." He changed the plan causing the two women to snap their heads to look at him with questions.

"Bring you?"

"Tell him you captured me. Get me close to him and I'll kill him." The Mandalorian explained causing the healer to wince at the mention of death. She held down the bile as her eyes trailed to look at the two dead bounty hunters. That could of been her.

"That's a good idea. Give me your blaster." Greef agreed and removed his hands of his hips to gesture to the weapon held lightly in the mans hand.

"This is insane." Asra freaked when Mando happily complied to the Guild Leaders idea.

"It's the only way."

"Well, I'm coming with you." Both woman stated, worried for the safety of the Mandalorian.

"No, no, no. That would make them suspicious." The older man repeated and shook his head.

"I don't care." The pale blonde crossed her arms stubbornly over her chest.

"Tell them Cara caught me and Asra is your personal healer." Mando suggested.

"Fine, then she can bring the child."

"No. The kid goes back in the ship." At the mention of the child, Asra walked over to it and cuddled it close with worry. She ignored the men squabbling as she babbled to the child, saying her good byes as she worried about this mission.

"Asra, dear." Kuiil approached the woman. "I need to take the child back to the ship, please stay alive."

"I will tear this planet apart before they even lay a scratch on me." She joked, hugging the Ugnaught one last time before they all geared up and prepared for the battle.

Asra checked her medical bag and blaster. Cara covered up her stripes and checked she had all her weapons. The Mandalorian let the Guild Leader cuff him. They were ready.