Ch. 16 Ex-father

Pooja's P.O.V

"So....how far are you?', my voice distant as I eye her baby bump.

"20 weeks."

I scoff. "And you decide to tell me now?"

"As if you would have come back running!"

"I should have known if I were to be her godmother."

We were being louder one after the other.

She throws a cushion at my face. "Ha! Very funny. If you would have called me once, just once, you would have known earlier."

"It isn't only me that could have called."

Another cushion meets my face. Damn this woman! "Afterall it was me bitch who mailed you." True!

"Will you guys just keep it down! There are people here trying to sleep.", it was Nivya who interrupted us. Ok no one disturbs her beauty sleep. She shuts the door with a bang, which was, ironically, louder than us.

Megha's face had tears streaming down while she glared at me.

I stretch open my arms," Just come here and hug me bitch!"

We held onto each other with all our might. It was the best healing a wounded soul could get. The best therapy session where all your tears and sorrows are washed out by just one hug from your bestfriend.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Our voice, basically screams, had woken up Esha. And you could say she didn't take it kindly calling me 'bad mama'. However she was comfortable and not at all angry at her aunt.

Esha had been finally put to sleep by Megha, who was now totally exhausted and was lying down on my bed. I had told her my part of the three years she had missed in my life and now it was her turn.

"So where do I start? When I woke up at hospital after 2 weeks of that fall, the first thing I thought about was about my baby. Knowing that he was safe gave me back whatever strength which I thought I had lost. Everyone visited me at the hospital except you. When I first asked Ajay about it he just ignored my whole question. Not just him, everyone ignored that question. My falling from the stairs topic was totally left out, as if no one dared to speak about it. And I hadn't seen Remya, nor heard about her.

When I came home there was Renuka standing there bossing around everyone in your place. I had to literally lock Ajay in my room to get him tell me everything. And when he told I was beyond livid. They were all blind to the f*king truth for a whole month and Remya had already left the country.

When I told everyone what had happened in reality, Remya was thrown out of the house and I basically ignored Ajay. I know he had no part in it, but a small part of my mind was accusing him. I had warned him and he took it all as a joke. Well long story short Ajay was only allowed to take our baby boy into his arms after three or four months of this birth."

"Mom and Dad?", I know I wasn't supposed to be caring for them after what they did to me, but still.

"You didn't change a bit! How can you even still care about them? Ajay told me everything that had happened that night. I haven't seen them after that. They do call sometimes but that doesn't last more than a minute. However Bhaiya does call every now and then and I did tell him about your coming. He wants to meet you, that is if you are ready."

"Don't worry, I'll call him tomorrow. Now sleep! It's almost one. I don't want you falling sick.", I had more questions to ask her, but for now she needed rest. Afterall she has a bun in her oven.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A meeting with Tani, Trisha and their fiance had gone well. Their ideas had been a great input for us and we had finally decided to have the engagement at the Kashyaps house. The list of guests were being prepared by Ryan and Imran while the others were working on the food provisions. I had taken a little time off and I was contemplating on whether to call my brother or not.

Talking on the phone wasn't just enough. I had to meet him in person. Not just him, his kids, his wife and not to forget my so-called ex parents.

Finally gathering enough strength I borrow Tani's bikes key, after putting Esha into her aunt's and grandmother's care, and set to the place I grew up.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

It was a weekend and everyone were bound to be there in the house. The watchman opens the gates to once familiar drive thru and I park the bike in front of the house. I wait on my toes after ringing the door bell. The time in between ringing the bell and the door opening was pure torture. I hadn't faced them for the past three years and now I felt like running back. All my little courage that I had was running out.

Stop Pooja! Just get over with this. You can't always be running. I had to scold myself and even before I can think more the door opened.

"Pooja!", the woman was in her early thirties, just like I remember.

"Hi Bhabhi.", just as the words left my mouth I was pulled into a born crushing hug.

"Praveen! Will you just rush here....", as entered inside she was screaming her lungs out. Just like I remember, bossy.

My brother came into view holding a screaming baby. I just couldn't stand seeing him struggling with a probably one year old and I was trying my best to hold back my laughter.

"What kind of paediatrician are you if you can't handle your on child?", hearing my question he would have literally dropped the child had it not been to my sister-in-law's and mine screams.

"Shit!", to say my brother was shocked would have been an understatement.

"Don't curse!", she takes the screaming baby from my brother's hands and tries calming him down

My brother totally ignored her and pulled me into a hug.

"Out of all places I didn't expect you to be here.", he says as we pull back from the hug, surprise clear in his voice.

"What in the world is all that noise down there.", the same booming voice that gave nightmares, my ex-father.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

**********************************

Hey...Just felt like updating one more chapter before I go MIA.