Chapter thirty two - In which you attend a royal dinner

Author's note: Hey guys, I can't believe how much love this fic has been getting and I want to say thank you to everyone who has read, voted and commented, much love to you all :)I know you've been waiting patiently forever and I'm here to tell you there's not long to go now, I hope you're ready! XD Hope you enjoy this chapter <3

Side note: the writing in italics represents you and Loki talking through your minds, hopefully it's clear as to who is saying what! 

...

"Lady Y/N, this is Volstagg, Hogun and Fandral: The Warriors Three. And this of course is Lady Sif." Thor said, introducing you to the three men and woman he had been accompanied by at the door of your parents' house. Volstagg was massive; he looked like a proper Viking, and shook your hand like one too. Hogun was smaller but quite terrifying to look at, however his smile was a friendly one. Fandral was stupidly handsome, like some sort of fairy tale Prince Charming, and you couldn't help but blush slightly when he bowed and kissed your hand as Thor introduced him.

Sif was gorgeous, and had a firm handshake which you were slightly taken aback by.

"I'm so happy you're all finally getting to meet." Thor smiled happily.

"I've heard great things about the Warriors Three and Lady Sif." you grinned.

"And we've heard great things about Lady Y/N in the last few hours at the tavern." Sif joked, making you and the others laugh.

"Come on then you lot, or it'll be dark by the time we finish this tour." Volstagg said, and Thor strode ahead gesturing for you all to follow.

The 'tour' lasted for about two hours, although who knew how long it really was, what with the ambiguous time on Asgard in relation to Earth. The first half of the tour was spent actually showing you around, and Fandral telling you tall tales of his many conquests and battles at various locations, the others chiming in regularly to tell the story how it really had been, and once even to claim that one battle hadn't even happened like Fandral told it at all.

Funnily enough Thor's tour ended at the tavern, where you were introduced to countless people, all with difficult sounding names and different faces. It was there that you spent the second hour of the 'tour', getting slightly tipsier than you should have when you were about to attend a royal dinner at the palace.

Eventually Thor announced that it was time to leave, and the six of you made your way back up towards the palace, laughing and joking loudly all the way. At the palace doors the Warriors Three and Sif said goodbye ("We'll see each other later tonight, I'm sure." Fandral told you, kissing your hand yet again while Sif rolled her eyes in the background).

Then Thor led you back through the palace, past another cathedral sized room which had been prepared for the meal on and up several staircases, then down a long corridor where you met Loki walking the other way.

"You're late. They're expecting us down there in fifteen minutes." Loki told you both, looking you up and down, sending what felt like a jolt of electricity through your body. You fought to maintain a poker face; he was wearing what you assumed to be Asgardian formal wear, whereas you were still in your gear, and Thor in his. You desperately tried not to stare, or think about how good he looked at this moment in time.

"I don't have anything to wear." you suddenly realised, looking at Thor.

"Don't worry, you'll find something you like in there. This is where you're sleeping tonight by the way." he told you, gesturing to the door to your left. You opened the door and peeked inside; the room was huge, dominated by massive four poster bed, beyond which double doors led out to a balcony which looked out over all of Asgard.