Chapter 12

Hey guys,

So from this chapter, there would be several chip in of the third person POV because we would be having different views from some of the characters and instead of me writing their names, I'd just turn it into a third person POV so you won't get confused.

Enjoy!

_______________________________________

Elyon's POV (Later that Day.)

After having lunch, the three of us went to the screening room to watch a movie. Throughout, I couldn't concentrate because Jamal's question kept playing in my head. How exactly did I see him? As simple as that question sounded, it was very complicated.

The way he was always looking at me didn't help matter. I pretended like I didn't notice his eyes on me throughout lunch. It wasn't creepy, far from that. It rather made me feel warm. The way he looked at me was different...good different.

"I'm home!" Venus' squeaky voice rang through the air and I groaned. She made her way into the room and plopped herself down on one of the bean chairs, trading high fives with Jamal who was right beside her.

"Can you, like, not shout for once!" I snapped at her and she stuck her tongue out to me.

"Elyon, stop being mean to your sister!" Jamal chided me playfully.

"That one is not a sister. She's a bug from outer space. No wonder we are so different. See how she just disrupted the flow of the movie." I hissed, turning my attention back to the movie I wasn't even paying any attention to.

"It's not like you were even paying attention to the movie so you actually have no right to be angry." Skye said and I opened my mouth.

"Whose side are you on?!" I asked her.

"The Lord's side, my sister." She said in a very rich Yoruba accent making Jamal and Venus burst into laughter. I couldn't help by chuckle myself.

"Yah mad." I muttered.

"Ehn ehn Skye. You promised to use your hair products to do my hair. I prefer it to Elyon's own. Her own is fake." She casted a sneer to my side. I snapped my finger at her.

"Shebi, it's both of us that are living in the same house. Let's get home first." I said.

"Both of you are like Tom and Jerry. I fear o." Jamal said, faking a shiver, causing me to throw a couch pillow at him. Skye laughed as she led Venus away and that was when I realized I was alone with Jamal. I looked at him and saw him staring at me and a smile automatically spread across my lips.

"What?" I asked him. He stood up and walked towards me.

"There is one room in this house you haven't seen and I have a feeling you might love to see it." He said when he reached me.

"Really? What room?" I asked him eagerly. He chucked and stretched his hand.

"You'll see. Come on." He said. I took his hand and he pulled me up and led me to another part of the house I've never seen before. He looked at me and smiled before opening the door fully and my eyes went huge immediately.

It was a mini art gallery. A beautiful mini art gallery. There were paintings and drawing framed on the wall and it made the place look so colourful. I entered fully into the room and Jamal closed the door behind him.

"Wow! You drew all this?" I asked, looking at every canvas. I walked up to some, tracing my fingers on the frame, marveling at the beauty.