XXII | Bulbs Of Memories

XXII

B u l b s O f M e m o r i e s

_\\\\_

Third p. o. v

The battle ended in favour to the demon slayers. Upper Moon Six was now officially defeated. An accomplishment like this was worth the celebration as too many years passed by since the last death of a member.

Grave injuries traded for the definite win of the five swordsmen. They all deserved long and assured rest and relaxing treatments.

After Tanjiro made sure of his friends' safety and wellbeing, he and Nezuko made their way towards where they heard lots of voices, three of the four in which consisted of women crying. Tanjiro saw the wives of Uzui Tengen trying to desperately save him, but suddenly thought of one person who he still hasn't seen nor heard from since receiving a blow from Gyuutarou.

He wanted to make sure that everyone who participated in the battle was safe and alive but he knew he had to tend to the people in front of him first as he explained to Uzui and his wives that the flames Nezuko used was for healing purposes. As the older women and man calmed down and relaxed at the fact Uzui was not dying, Tanjiro made a sign to Nezuko that he wanted to see the last person who was injured.

Tanjiro didn't mind that Nezuko was carrying him knowing that she was perfectly stronger than most people would think at first, but couldn't help but feel sorry as he depended on Nezuko for transportation.

As Tanjiro and Nezuko arrived at the last spot the former saw Mashiro, he could then detect the strong scent of Mashiro mixed in with blood. He wanted to run- to push himself into searching for her and seeing her alive. But he didn't want to burden Nezuko anymore than she already is with his injured body and told his sister where to go next.

They ended up looking at destroyed parts of the stores they were battling on the roofs.

Tanjiro stared at the parts frantically, "Mashiro..." He looked down at Nezuko, "Nezuko, I hate to ask you for more but can you dig up Mashiro?" Nezuko hummed and nodded, gently putting her brother down and began her brother's request.

After a moment of digging, Tanjiro could see Mashiro's bloodied hair. After Nezuko lifted Mashiro's limp body up, Tanjiro began to see if she was alive.

His eyes glistened with tears,

"I can't hear breaths... I can't feel her heartbeat..." Tanjiro murmured softly, closing his eyes tightly as well as pursing his lips.