e l e v e n

Two weeks had passed and everything was going smoothly.

Almost too smoothly.

The idea process of the hotel renovation was coming along nicely with meetings once a week with Knight Industries, specifically Xavier, to gather his wants and needs as a client. They were now ready to present first drafts of the plans.

Designing hotels were a lot more complicated than designing a home. A lot of drawings were needed to make sure each floor was covered and that no mistakes could be made. But since this was just a renovation, most of the foundation would stay making their jobs a lot easier.

Aurora's main priority was to make sure the client was satisfied—in this case Xavier. Her interior designing would come later as she needed the finalized building to be finished with the architectural process before starting.

And throughout these past few weeks, Xavier would often pop in to take Aurora out to lunch. Of course, this would be followed by getting bubble tea.

She wasn't sure if they would be considered dates, but she found herself getting more comfortable with Xavier. There was something about him that made her trust him and open up to him. She could tell he was the quiet type, not big on speaking many words, yet the few words he would say, made her heart flutter.

It was finally Friday, and like usual Aurora sat at her desk reviewing floor plans, jotting down red marks where corrections needed to be made.

Without knocking, her door opened and in came Liam waltzing through the door with a big grin on his face.

A grin that spelled mischief.

"How's it going?" Asked Liam, taking a seat across from her desk.

"Good," said Aurora, not even giving him a small glance. She was too focused on the panels on the screen in front of her.

Liam let out a dramatic sigh. When Aurora did not respond again, he let out another one. Aurora let out her own sigh as she turned to look at her childish boss.

"Yes Liam? What can I do for your majesty today?"

"Well-"

Liam was cut off with a knock on the door. Grace walked in with a cup of coffee, placing it in front of Liam. He gave her a nod in acknowledgment before taking a sip.

"Just how I like it," Liam let out a sigh of satisfaction. "You should be my assistant instead."

Aurora scoffed and rolled her eyes. "Your assistant wouldn't be too happy to hear that."

"Well, I say you give Grace a raise then."

"You're the CEO, aren't you the one who decides who gets raises?"

Grace shook her head with amusement and quickly made her way towards the door. "I think I'm just gonna go."

She mouthed the words 'good luck' to Aurora as she closed the door behind her.

Liam turned his attention back to Aurora. "So, as I was saying before our little interruption."

Aurora raised her eyebrow, wondering what it was Liam needed this time.

"I have a favor to ask."

And there it was.

Just like Aurora had predicted.

"I'm not pretending to be pregnant with your child to get you out of a date again," stated Aurora flatly with an unamused expression plastered on her face.

"That was one time!"

"The water balloon popped in the middle of it and I had to pretend my water broke!" Exclaimed Aurora throwing her hands up in the air.