Confession

~John's POV~

I watched as Jaren threw the bean bag in the air, landing it right in the hole.

"Let's go! I'm the greatest! Did you see that John?!" He looked over at me, shooting me a giant grin.

"Yeah, I did Smiithers."

Jaren, Craig, Anthony, and Tyler all decided to play bean bag toss, with Craig and Tyler teaming up.

The rest if us sat on lawn chairs, either looking at our phones or watching them toss the bean bags back and forth.

Evan laughed as Craig threw a bean bag and managed to hit Anthony in the face, before he turned to me.

"So you haven't asked Jaren out yet?"

Then question caught me by surprise and I choked on my spit.

"W-What?"

Evan raised a brow, "You haven't asked Jaren out yet, why? I mean it's obvious you two like each other."

I shook my head, "N-No, I like Jaren but, but it's not reciprocated." Sighing I ran a hand through my hair. "He doesn't like me back." My mind briefly flashed to the hotel, but that ha to have been a mistake, just feelings getting confused.

Evan's face changed into a look of shock, "The fuck you mean? He literally just called out to you to make sure that you saw that he did something cool."

He looked at Jaren, "In fact, whenever he does something, he always calls out to you, you haven't noticed?"

He looked back at me. "You really haven't noticed?"

I shook my head, "That- That's impossible, I'm just his best friend, that-"

I looked sat Jaren, "That's all I am to him."

Evan's blank stare didn't leave my face. "You're really blind, aren't you?"

"What do you mean? It's impossible, he doesn't-"

"John! Hey John!"

Jaren ran up to me and promptly collapsed on my lap. "I'm tired John, that game takes forever."

"Could you say my name any more, jeeze." I rolled my eyes.

He pouted and poked my face. "I was just emphasizing who I wanted to talk to, don't be mean about it."

Evan snickered and Jaren turned to look at him. "What? What'd I do?"

He just shook his head, "You just proved a point is all."

"Huh? What point did I prove?"

"Nothing Smiithers," I kissed his forehead, "Nothing at all."

"Well if you say so, Evan! Go take my place, don't make it a battle against Anthony!" He reached out his hand towards the owl, "Go, fight for me!"

"Jaren, it's bean bags."

"Fight!"

"All right, all right." Evan got up slowly and stretched, "I'll go okay for you."

And Evan walked off, leaving me with an adorable Jaren sitting on me, playing with my rings.

He... likes me?

There's no way, we're just best friends in his eyes.

Yeah, we're just...

Best friends.

~•~•~•~•~•~

"Hey John?"

Craig's voice called out to me.