Chapter 32

Bria's POV

Cara's words were on repeat in my ears as Ace raced us home.

"Bria, where are you? Your mom is here. She brought the police along with her and they are threatening to have us all arrested."

When Ace turned the last corner before we got home, I asked him to let me walk but he refused. My heart was thumping wildly in my chest. I didn't want things to be worst than they should but Ace was being stubborn.

When we pulled up to the gates, the flashing lights of the cops cars were the first thing we saw.

"You were together?" Cara asked but Ace shook his head no.

"I just met her down the street from the house with some guy"

"You see officer? This is what I'm talking about! What kind of parent allows a seventeen year old to meet guys?!" My mom jumped in angrily while I stood there like the baby I was and bawled my eyes out. 

Cara looked at her stunned but didn't say anything. "And look at how she is dressed! She looks like a slut." My mom continued.

"Nora calm down." Cara commented trying to calm my mom down.

"Calm down? You accepted a minor into your home without even alerting the parents of said minor of her whereabouts. What kind of parent are you? No wonder your daughter is so-"

"Leave my sister out of this!" Ace screamed at my mom but she scoffed.

"Don't even get me started on you." My mom commented. The officer was silently observing and taking notes of everything that was happening.

"Maybe if you didn't have such a huge stick up your ass then your daughter would still be with you." 

"You have no respect for anyone in authority. I can't stand the likes of you!"

"The feeling is  mutual baby."

"Don't you dare baby me!" mom screamed at him. 

"One day you're gonna lose that precious little girl of yours and by then it will be too late to get her back. So smother her all you want! Be the best f**king parent in the world because we all know how this story will end! And while you're weeping and regretting your mistakes, Ash is gonna be right here at my mom's side watching as you suffer. See what you don't understand is to love is not to control." Ace said to my mom's face and I watched as her face morphed into one of shock before going back to normal.

She grabbed my hands and dragged me back to the car thanking the officers on the way.

When we got back to my house, I noticed that she had removed the lock from my bedroom door. the one place that I actually found solace. I tumbled up the room in frustration and thought of all the different ways that I could get away from this place.

With all my anger and pent up emotion, I opened my laptop and wrote my first college essay. when I still hadn't felt any better, I kept applying to all the colleges far from here and decided I would mail my letters first thing in the morning.

Hunter: Are you okay baby?

Bria: Yea.

Hunter: Did she do anything to you?

Bria: No.. At least not yet anyway.

Hunter: I'm so sorry you have to go through all this.

Bria: Me too. I told him truthfully.

Hunter: I just wished that there was something I could've done you know.