Chapter 2

A/n: Hello everybody! Today is May 20, 2020. I hope that you all are doing well wherever you are in the world and whatever you are doing, whether that be online school/ work or if you are an essential worker. I hope that these stories are giving you some sort of escape or peace of mind. If you like Marvel, Star Wars, or Timothee Chalamet, be sure to check out my other works. I love you with all my person. Enjoy!

Y/n and Billy continue staring at each other until she hears her teacher say her name. "Y/n, would you like to show Billy around campus?"

Y/n gaze breaks from Billy and lands on the teacher. "Yeah, of course!"

A collective groan goes up from all the girl's in the class. Y/n rolls her eyes. Horny fake girls. 

The teacher surveys the room. "Well, because she is showing you around, let's have Billy sit right next to Y/n."

Y/n blushes and looks down. She's never like this. Always paying attention and giving no shits about anybody else. But Billy is doing something to her.

He runs his tongue over his teeth and plops down in the desk next to her.

"Hi," he drawls in his rich deep voice.

Although the fire in her cheeks is burning, she swallows it down and smiles at him. Holding out her hand, she introduces herself. "Hi. I'm Y/n."

Billy grins at her and takes her hand, gently placing his lips on her knuckles, all while holding her gaze. 

Y/n can tell this year just got a lot better.

                                                                   \--/

The bell rings loudly, signaling the start of lunch. Y/n throws her binder in her worn navy blue Jansport backpack. 

Billy leans against the desk, observing her every movement. Finally, she throws her backpack over her shoulder. "Alright. Ready?"

He nods. "Awesome. The school looks big, but it's pretty easy to get around."

As she heads to the door with Billy trailing behind her, she gets swept up by strong arms, like she did this morning. "Come on, princess. We're going to Burger King. I'm craving spicy chicken tenders."

Billy watches them, slightly confused. Y/n giggles. "Steve. I have a duty. I'm sorry; spicy chicken tenders that are probably poisoned sound great, though."

Steve puts her down, dejected. "What could possibly be more important that poison spicy chicken tenders with your extremely attractive best friend?"

Y/n rolls her eyes and walks next to Billy. "I'm going to show Billy, our transfer from California, around the school today."

Steve's eyes visibly darken and narrow at the sight of Billy. Billy grins. "Hi," he says, almost teasingly. 

Steve scoffs. "Do you want me to come with you?"

She groans. "It's fine. I'm fine. Now, go get that poison. Bring some back for me. You know my usual."

Steve smiles. "15 piece chicken nuggets with a vanilla milkshake. Ranch, not ketchup. I know, I know." Y/n smiles and blushes slightly at the fact that he remembered her order right down to the sauce.

Although Billy isn't showing it, he is quite impressed but also confused. Are they dating?

Steve pulls Y/n into a hug, glaring at Billy. "You call me if he tries anything."

Billy rolls his eyes and looks away, running his tongue over his bottom lip.

She pushes away. "I'm fine. Bye, Stevie."

Steve watches as they walk away together, Y/n pointing out classrooms and mentioning the best routes to get to the nearest bathroom or water fountain from which classroom. 

"So, tell me about yourself, Billy."

He shrugs. "I'm from California. I have a little sis- step-sister named Maxine. Max for short. Although she is no sister to me."

Y/n flinches. Clearly family is a touchy subject. "Ok. What do you like to do? Hobbies? You lived in California, so you must like water sports or something like that."

His eyes light up. "I like to surf. I love surfing. I'm really good."

Y/n smiles. Finally, some ground broken. "That's awesome! I've lived in Hawkins all my life, so I don't get out too much."

Billy looks at her. "I have a feeling you would love it there."

Y/n turns to him. "You think so?" She asks.

He steps closer to her. "I do. Maybe we could go together."

"That- that would be fun," Y/n stutters.

"You alright, doll?"

Once again, Y/n's e/c orbs catch his ocean blue ones. Funny, he loves the ocean and looking into his eyes, it's like a window to the coast.