Chapter 4

Over the course of the next week, Izuku tried hard to avoid his downstairs neighbors, which wasn't easy. He wanted to prolong the questioning he was sure to go through the next time he faced them.

They hadn't learned to keep quiet, which pissed Izuku off to no end and he couldn't even go down and tell them to shut up. They played the same five songs on repeat, and it made sense. If they had a show coming up or something, then they'd want to perfect the songs that made up their set. But god did it annoy Izuku.

Especially since he now had one of those songs stuck in his head and they didn't even have any music released so he couldn't actually listen to it unless that was the song they were practicing.

"But even if we won't admit it to ourselves, we'll walk upon these streets and think of little else." Izuku sung lowly as he grabbed the bag of trash he needed to take out that morning. He walked down his steps and out his front door.

"So, I won't show my face here anymore, I won't show my face here anymore." He threw the bag into the dumpster on the side of the house, softly singing the lyrics that were now stuck in his head.

"Hey, that's our song." A voice said from behind him.

Izuku snapped his attention to the two guys sitting on the stairs of his front door. "It's stuck in my head because neither of you seem to have common courtecy to practice somewhere else." He snapped back, not wanting to deal with either of the arrogant males.

Shoto seemed unfaze by his attitude. "You've got a nice voice." He mused.

Izuku eyed him suspiciously, not trusting his compliment. "Thanks I guess." He muttered.

"Wanna join a band?" Shoto asked him, earning a hard hit on the shoulder from Katsuki.

"What the fuck icyhot?" He growled at him. "You can't just go around asking people to join the band without talking to any of us first."

"Oh I'm sorry, weren't you just complaining that we needed an actual singer? Well I found one." Shoto told him, nodding his head in Izuku's direction.

The green haired boy stared at them baffled. "No, no you haven't found one." Izuku said quickly, trying to side step them on the stairs and get back to his part of the house quickly.

Before he could get through his front door, a hand grabbed his wrist and halted his movements. "Why're you in such a rush, nerd?" Katsuki asked, eyeing him carefully.

Izuku gritted his teeth and yanked his hand away. "Can you really blame me for not wanting to be around either of you?" He asked in the most forcefully polite voice he could muster.

Katsuki shook his head at the reasoning. "I know when you avoid me because you're annoyed, this is different. Why're you so uncomfortable with the thought of being a singer? You... do have a decent voice." He begrudgingly admitted, glaring at the ground as he said it.

Izuku gasped dramatically and put a hand over his heart. "Wow, a real compliment from Kacchan! Good to know I'm 'decent' at something in your eyes." He said with narrowed eyes.

Izuku had not slept more than an hour each night that week. Katsuki and Shoto's band did not help his insomnia, they just kept him awake at odd hours that he'd normal nap. He was exhausted and frustrated and ready to take that out on anyone that so much as looked at him wrong.

"Jesus, who shoved a stick up your ass?" Katsuki asked, clearly not used to the attitude Izuku had seemed to gain recently. Then he narrowed his eyes as he inspected Izuku's face and noticed the overly dark circles.

"When was the last time you actually slept?" He asked him, seeming for just a second like he actually cared.

The green haired male rubbed his face with both hands, seeming to have given up on his hostility. "I don't even know anymore." He admitted softly, close to tears.