Prologue

Adora was a sophomore at Bright Moon High School. She had moved there from Horde Intermediate school in the seventh grade. It was hard for her to adjust at first, but then she met Bow and Glimmer. They made the transition much easier. Strength in numbers made high school easier and frabkly, more enjoyable. She completely understood how hard it was for Horde students to get acquainted. Horde students weren't exactly looked kindly upon. "Gutter scum," if you will.

She was a perfect example of the perfect student, regardless of her background. She's was the best point guard in all of Bright Moon and had already won a championship.  She was an up and coming running back on the football team, and she was the softball teams star catcher. Not to mention, she had a 4.6 minimum GPA at ant given point. Her high school faculty naturally selected her to take the gaggle of Horde High students under her wing for the first day.

She hadn't thought too much about it. She never really had friends in the Horde, so there wasn't a good chance these kids would know her. And she was just supposed to explain classes and lockers. A simple one and done job for their star student.

The school has chaulk full of hippie counselors, so they assumed having a well-rounded student would help ease the new students into life at Brightmoon. Who's to say if it was or wasn't, but it sure led Adora down an interesting rabbit hole.