8) Her Observations

"Good morning." Ella quietly greeted Damien once she entered his office.

"Good morning," Damien's response almost died at his mouth as soon as he saw Ella. He wasn't one to pay attention to clothes, much less on other people, but today was an exception.

Ella, due to the hot weather, had opted for a shin-length, light pink, loose skirt and had an open-back white blouse. Her outfits were always a bit on the feminine and softer side, and today's was no exception. She felt a little weird having her back out in the open, but her black hair was long enough to cover it, and she also didn't feel like changing again.

"Do you need something?" She placed down her cross-body purse on the sofa, looking at Damien who had been starstruck after looking at her for only a moment.

Damien cleared his throat, shaking his head. "No." He then stood up and left.

He had never seen her wear a skirt before, but then again he also hadn't really bothered in looking at her for almost anything at all. She looked different.

Damien shook his head, finding solace in the break room. No. It had to be the fact that she was helping him and that she was reliable that Damien was taking a liking to her. That was what had happened with Mr. Kim. Damien had begun to appreciate and like Mr. Kim's crazy company, therefore he paid more attention to him. That had to be the reason; there was no other explanation.

"Oh, hello." Katherine entered the room, a mug in hand in order to refill her coffee.

Damien nodded, also noticing her skirt. It was almost the same, but it seemed like Mrs. Reed's was tighter and just a tad bit shorter. It was also not a soft and neutral color like Ella's, quite the contrary. Mrs. Reed's was a dark and deep shade of red.

It must a style or trend, Damien thought.

"How's the Parker evaluation?" Katherine tried to make small talk as to not make things so awkward between them. She had last heard that he was getting a psychological evaluation.

"Ms. Cortesa is actually in charge of that as of now." Damien grabbed a water, trying to not seem as though he had just run out of his office without an actual purpose.

"Ms. Cortesa?" Katherine pulled her brows together, confused yet amused to see just how formal Damien was.

"Is that not her name?" Damien didn't think she was a Mrs. He deemed her too young to be married, but then again, what did he know about marriage?

"No, that's her. I just would've figured that you guys would've been on first name basis since you've been working together for about a month now." Katherine shrugged, taking a sip of her steaming beverage.

Damien didn't think that was necessary. They were coworkers, not friends. Besides, he had been working with Mr. Kim and the others for far longer and he had yet to address them by their first name. Ella also didn't seem to mind being addressed by her last name or addressing him by his first name.

"Hey, it's fine if you don't. We all work differently." Katherine chuckled at seeing Damien's confused expression. If it was possible for a grown man his size and age to look cute, he would be it.

After making his way back to his office, he found Mr. Kim and Oliver hanging out in there. At this point, it was something normal for Damien. Since Ella had been staying in his office for the majority of the time, so had the people that would come and visit her. It was almost as if they couldn't work the day without having a brief moment to talk to her or to see her.

"Bye, Ellie!" Mr. Kim said after wrapping up the conversation quickly as to not bother Damien too much.

"Bye, Jihye." Ella waved, laughing as he danced his way out. "Watch the door, Oliver." She warned him as he almost ran into it.