Fifty

Severus was going to take Ivy and keep her safe. He didn't trust the dark lord to not go after her if he were to find out about her. Ivy was his redemption. His precious daughter and he would die before he let anyone ever hurt her.

He woke up that morning to a letter from Amelia;

I know what you did.
Leave her alone. It's for her own safety.
~ Amelia.

Severus sighed. He wasn't going to listen. He knew the only place where Ivy would be safe was with him at Hogwarts.

****

Amelia sat in the manor and sighed. Narcissa walked in. She looked at her daughter. "What's wrong?"

"Severus. He went to the burrow. He saw Ivy. That's putting her in danger and I can't have that. The Weasley's are doing me a huge favour after everything and I can't have them put at risk," she said.

Narcissa sighed. "Think about it from Severus's point of view. He has a beautiful little girl who he won't see again. He probably wanted to see her one last time. I'm sure he didn't mean any harm," she told her.

Amelia sighed and looked at her. "I just... she's my perfect girl and I don't want any harm coming to her."

"I know my love."

****

Severus apparated outside of the burrow. He could make out the marquee had been set up for the wedding. Severus knew his best bet to get his daughter would be during the wedding. He only hoped that the Weasley's didn't have her out in the public eye.

Severus apparated back to where he was staying. He needed to plan this out properly. If he did it right, he would be in and out with Ivy without anyone knowing that he had taken her until she was safe at Hogwarts.

****

Amelia had been told that Severus was outside of the Burrow. She sighed and made her way there. Molly got a shock when she came through the floo. "Hello Amelia. Do you want to see her?" Molly asked.

"Not yet. There's someone lurking around. I want to check who it is," Amelia said as she took out her wand. She looked at Molly. "Please. Keep an eye on her."

Amelia walked outside and saw Severus. She walked over to him. "Why are you here again?" She asked.

"She isn't safe here."

Amelia rolled her eyes. "She's a lot safer here then she is anywhere else. The order won't let anything happen to her," she told him.

Severus sighed. "Amelia. The death eaters are aware of the wedding. They are going to ambush. Ivy is not safe here at all. She will be safe at Hogwarts."

Amelia shook her head. "No. You're not taking her to Hogwarts. Do you think I'm stupid? I know that the Carrow twins are going there. She will be in more danger there then anywhere."

"Do you really believe I would allow her to come to any harm? Amelia, she is the one thing in my life that has meaning to me. My own child. Something I never thought would happen. I would give up my life for her."

Amelia looked at him and sighed. "Severus. You don't understand. She's too innocent to be caught up in all of this. She didn't ask for this. She deserves the world and I can't give it to her because i know that there is a chance that I could be killed. She would be without a mother."

Severus placed a hand on her cheek. "I wouldn't let anything happen to you either. I don't want her in this world without you."

Amelia felt herself crying. "Please. Leave her here."

****

Severus knew that he couldn't leave his daughter at the burrow. He knew that he needed to keep her safe. He knew that Amelia would be hurt but he had to take the risk to protect Ivy.

His only child. Ivy would probably be his only child and she was his little girl which made her that much more precious to him.

****

Amelia looked up as Maisie walked in. She smiled. "Severus thinks Ivy isn't safe at the Burrow. He wants to have her at Hogwarts."

Maisie frowned. "What do you think? Do you want him to have her?" She asked as she sat down with her best friend.

Amelia shrugged and sighed. "I really don't know. He is her father and despite what everyone thinks of him, I know he would look after her and do what was best for her. She is his only child."

Maisie took hold of Amelia's hand. "You have to what you think is best Meli. Only you can decide where she stays. Severus is a death eater so he would have good knowledge on anything like that. I happen to think he's right. You need to think about it like this; do you want her safe at Hogwarts hidden behind a statue where only certain people have the password."

All of a sudden, Narcissa walked in. She was paled. "There's an attack at the burrow..."