𝒔𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*( chapter 7! )*:・゚✧*:・✧

seven | Dinner goes up in smoke

third-person pov

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

      WORD OF THE BATHROOM INCIDENT SPREAD IMMEDIATELY, so wherever they went, the campers pointed at Percy and whispered between themselves.

Helen and Annabeth (who were still dripping wet) showed him a few more places: the metal shop (where kids were forging their own swords), the arts-and-crafts room (where satyrs were sandblasting a giant marble statue of a goat-man), and the climbing wall, which actually consisted of two facing walls that shook violently, dropped boulders, sprayed lava, and clashed together if you didn't get to the top fast enough.

Finally, they git to the canoeing lake, where the trail led back to the cabins.

"I've got training to do," Annabeth said flatly, "Dinner's at seven-thirty. Just follow your cabin to the mess hall."

"Annabeth, I'm sorry about the toilets."

"Whatever."

"It wasn't my fault."

Both girls stared at Percy, both knowing it was his fault. He didn't do it intentionally, but he controlled the plumbing somehow.

"You need to talk to the Oracle." Annabeth decided.

"Who?" he asked.

"Not who. What. The Oracle. I'll ask Chiron."

Percy stared at the water, jumping a little in surprise as two pairs of eyes stared at him back. The naiads smiled and waved at him like they were long lost friends. He waved back.

"Don't encourage them," Helen said, the words leaving her mouth before she could even think of them, "Naiads are terrible flirts."

Looked at her, so caught up in his thinking that he almost forgot she was there.

"Naiads," Percy repeated. He had a tone that said 'I'm fed up with the world', "That's it. I want to go home now."

Helen frowned. "Don't you get it, Percy? You are home. This is the only safe place on earth for kids like us."

"You mean, mentally disturbed kids?"

Helen snorted. A part of her wanted to say yes, but she refrained. "I mean not human. Not totally human, anyway. Half-human."

"Half-human and half-what?"

"I think you know," Annabeth responded.

Percy opened and closed his mouth like a guppy fish before responding.