Chapter 23

"What the heck?" Jaemin exclaimed as Haechan and Soojung walked into the house with Mina, the girl dripping wet and covered in egg. Haechan gave him a look, signalling that he should ask about it later. Jaemin quickly grabbed a towel from the closet, passing it over to Mina.

"You should wash up in the bathroom. I have my practice clothes here, you can wear my sweater and sweats." Jaemin said. Mina slowly nodded, taking the towel as she made her way to the bathroom. Jaemin got his clothes from his bag, giving them to Mina before she closed the door behind her.

Once they heard the water begin to run, the group of friends gathered in the living room, ready to hear what happened.

"Spill the beans." Renjun said once they were all seated.

"Basically, we finished rehearsal early, so I was going to drive Soojung home." Haechan began explaining.

"I was driving when some idiot car stopped in front of us, and that's when we noticed someone egging Mina. I quickly beeped and the car left so fast. Soojung got out and helped her into the car. We weren't able to get a picture of the license plate, but there was a butterfly sticker on the back." Haechan finished. The friends sat there in silence, in disbelief of the whole situation.

"That's terrible." Jieun finally said. The rest nodding in agreement.

"I'm going to to the kitchen." Jaemin said, getting up. He suddenly had the urge to cook something. He opened the cupboards, taking out the bread, sugar, and butter. He got the milk from his fridge and began cooking one of his specialties, bread popcorn.

"What are you making, it smells good." Chenle said as he entered the kitchen, followed by Jisung. The two maknaes went to Jaemin's side, peering as he cooked.

"Stop bothering him." Jeno said as he passed by the kitchen. Jaemin chuckled as the two quickly left the kitchen. He quickly finished up, pouring the bread into a bowl. He was so focused on his cooking, he didn't notice another presence in the kitchen.

"Oh my god, give me a warning next time!" Jaemin exclaimed at the hooded figure sitting by the counter. Mina let out a small giggle at Jaemin's reaction.

"Sorry." Mina said as Jaemin put the bowl in front of her.

"Try it." Jaemin told her. Mina took a big whiff before taking a piece.

"Mmmm, tastes good." Mina told him, giving Jaemin a thumbs up. He smiled as he softly patted her head. She looked cute wearing his clothes.

"Take more then." Jaemin said, smiling at her. Mina gladly took a few more pieces.

"Thanks for doing this for me." Mina said, happily crunching on the bread. Jaemin gave her a confused look.

"Jeno said you were cooking something in the kitchen to make me feel better." Mina said, exposing his best friend. Jaemin made a mental note to talk to male later.

"Did it work?" Jaemin asked, leaning forward against the counter. Mina gave him a big smile before nodding.

...

Jeno was meeting Haneul at her locker before class when he decided to sneak up on her.

"Oof." Jeno tightly wrapped his arms around his girlfriend as he surprised her with a back hug. Haneul turned around to face the male.

"Stop it, people are looking." Haneul said to him, blushing.

"Let them look." Jeno replied, pecking her on the cheek. Haneul pushed him away before noticing he was holding a piece of folded paper.

"What is that?" Haneul asked, pointing to the paper in his hands. Jeno happily passed the paper to her with two hands.

"Jaemin finished the lyrics, so now the song is finished." Jeno told her. Haneul opened it up, reading the lyrics.

"Wow, he's pretty good." Haneul said, making Jeno pout.

"Not as good as you though." Haneul added, pinching his cheeks as he smiled. The couple was soon interrupted by a nasty comment.

"Ugh, class hasn't even started, and you two make me sick." Haerim said, pretending to gag.

"Take some meds, maybe it'll make you feel better." Jieun retorted as she approached Jeno and Haneul. She smiled at the two of them.

"Let's head to class?" Jieun said to them. Jeno and Haneul nodded as Haneul closed her locker.

...

"Lee Mina!" Chenle yelled as Mina took her seat at their usual cafeteria. Chenle's eyebrows were furrowed, and he looked angry at the girl.

"Yah, it's Mina noona you fool!" Jisung told his friend, smacking Chenle's arm.

"What is it?" Mina asked, ruffling the junior's hair. Chenle stuck his phone into her face.

"You posted this article and you didn't tell us?!" Chenle said. Mina took a closer look at the article.

"Oh, the winter talent show sign ups?" Mina said, capturing the attention of the others at the table. Jeno quickly grabbed the phone from Chenle's hand.

"What? I didn't know they were already opened!" Jeno exclaimed as he looked at the phone. Mina looked at Jieun, confused.

"The boys participate every year and normally prepare for months. As you can tell, they're a little behind this year." Jieun explained. Mina slowly nodded, still not understanding.

"It's a cash prize, what's the big deal?" Areum asked, reading her thoughts.

"It's not just a cash prize, it's bragging rights! We're not Dream if we don't win!" Renjun exclaimed, to everyone's surprise. He was normally the calm one of the group.

"Well you'll be competing against me." Haneul said, taking the phone out of Jeno's hands to pass it back to Chenle.

"Huh?" Jeno said, widening his eyes as he turned to face his girlfriend. Haneul gave him a shrug.

"I lose to you guys every year, this is just the first where you know I exist." Haneul said with a smile as Jeno scratched the back of his neck.

"Well we should start rehearsing today if we want to do this." Jaemin told them as he looked around the table.

"Wait, where's Haechan?" Jaemin asked, noticing the male was missing.

"Rehearsing." Renjun answered.

———————————————————————————

Can jaemin and renjun's cooking show come faster pleaseeeee 😭😭