CHAPTER 14

There are times when you wish for the rain to never end, and you wish to just keep staring at it, admiring it. Trying to take in the soothing feeling, a calm and slow rain brings with it.

It's dinner time. Ruhee had completed arranging her clothes, only her books were left unpacked. They were sitting at the dining table eating. Sahma had asked the chef to make something for a special occasion. Since he was an Italian chef, he made the classic lasagna.

Ruhee loved lasagna, but she could never really make one. She kept eating the meal, talking with Sahma, not noticing how, a particular brown eyes were taking glances at her.

Aayan was sitting at the head of the table, with Ruhee on his right, and Sahma on his left. He ate silently, not having a single interest in the ladies conversation, on how yummy Indian food actually is, he just wanted to stare at Ruhee.

It felt odd for Aayan to have that thought, but since Ruhee had removed her Abaya, and was now sitting with him, wearing a pink long top and printed jeans, it was something new. Aayan never understood modern fashion. He was satisfied with a girl wearing chudidar.

But somehow, modern Ruhee was changing his perspective. Ruhee was only 5 ft while Aayan was 5'11 ft.

She looks so cute and tiny. And maybe pretty aswell.

Aayan couldn't control his urges to look at Ruhee, and so, to not make it weird by just staring at her, he took small glances.

Earlier, when she yelled at him, he felt like a kid being caught steeling cookie from the cookie jar. He didn't expect her to straight up yell at him. And she suddenly smiled afterwards, Aayan freaked out at her sudden mood swing.

I mean, I wanted her to be comfortable, and she calls me bipolar.

Aayan signed audibly and two pair of eyes looked at him. "You okay, son?" came Sahma's soft voice. Aayan looked up to find, the two women, staring at him, "Umm, yeah Ammi, I'm fine." he said and went back to eating his lasagna. Sahma nodded and continued their conversation.

Aayan noticed how Sahma's eyes would twinkle while speaking to Ruhee, and Ruhee's earnest replies made her even more happy. Aayan smiled at his mother and shifted his eyes to her plate to notice she had taken only a few bites of her meal.

Aayan had noticed how Sahma was not eating properly for an year, if he asked, she would just say that she had a snack before, or was not hungry. He let it slide that time, but for how long? Aayan feared she might spoil her health.

Sahma was Aayan's only family, and he cherished her. Even though Aayan had a father in his life, his mother was the one who took care of him. His father was never home, and he knew why, but that didn't mean his father didn't love him. Aayan was his father's, like he would say, "Priceless Possession." and Aayan knew it was true.

"I'm done." came Sahma's voice, but she had hardly eaten anything. " but Ammi, you haven't had anything properly." Ruhee asked, concerned. Aayan still couldn't adjust with Ruhee calling his mother, Ammi.

"I had a snack in between, so I am full." she said smiling and getting up to leave to her room, but she stopped and looked at Ruhee and said, "Feel free to walk around without a hijab, Ruhee. Aayan is your Husband now." and walked away.

Aayan looked at Ruhee to find her looking down, poking the meal with her fork. She was hiding a blush.

Cute.

They completed their meal soon after Sahma left, Ruhee stayed back to clean the table, while Aayan went back to his room. He volunteered to do it but she just shooed him away.