Chapter 24

"Hey, I won't be able to rehearse our duet after school." Haechan told Soojung as the ate their lunch on the stage. Haechan had recieved a message from his friends.

"Why?" Soojung asked, taking a bite out of her sandwich.

"The boys and I need to practice for the talent show." Haechan told her.

"Oh, I see." Soojung said, the smile disappearing from her face.

"What's wrong?" Haechan asked, sensing something was wrong.

"I actually wanted to do our duet for the talent show." Soojung confessed. Haechan chuckled at her response.

"Well who says we can't do both." Haechan responded. The smile returned to Soojung's face at his words. The musical theatre teacher approached the two of them.

"My two leads, no rush but when you two finish lunch, we need to begin rehearsing the kiss scene." The teacher told them.

Haechan froze. He had completely forgotten about that part of the script.

"Hope you didn't have garlic for lunch." Soojung said with a wink, getting up to put her container away.

...

"Heard you had your first kiss during lunch." Renjun said as he took his seat beside Haechan. Haechan's head was rested in his hands as he lay on his desk. Renjun heard Haechan mumble something under his breath.

"What?" Renjun said, putting his head down so his ear was level with Haechan.

"..... out." Haechan mumbled.

"I really can't hear you." Renjun said, earning a large sigh from Haechan.

"I chickened out!" Haechan exclaimed, causing students to turn their heads. He gave them a glare, causing them to turn away.

"Yikes, what happened?" Renjun asked, once the other students stopped looking.

"I couldn't do it so I pretended to be sick." Haechan confessed. Renjun rubbed his friend on the back.

"You're going to have to do it eventually." Renjun told him.

"I know. I just don't want my first kiss to be in front of the whole cast." Haechan said.

"Why don't you ask to rehearse in private with her once?" Renjun suggested. Haechan considered his idea for a moment.

"That's not a bad idea." Haechan admitted.

"When do I ever have bad ideas?" Renjun asked, earning a smirk from Haechan.

"Remember the time you suggested that we ride on one hoverboard together." Haechan snickered.

"Shut up." Renjun said as their teacher walked in.

...

"Okay, let's get started." Jeno said as he stretched his arms, making his way to the speakers. The rest of the Dream members were spread out on the floor of the practice room in their hangout, stretching and warming up their bodies.

"What song are we doing?" Haechan asked, flailing his arms out to the sides as he sat on the floor.

"I was thinking of this one." Jeno told them as he began playing the song on the speaker. He looked towards his friends, who were nodding to the beat.

"I like it." Renjun said, giving him a thumbs up in approval.

"I think it'll be different from what we've done in the past." Chenle added.

"Jisung?" Jeno looked towards the group's maknae. As the others followed Jeno's eyes, they caught Jisung popping his arms to the beat. Making them laugh.

"Huh?" Jisung said as he turned to see his friends rolling on the floor laughing.

"I think we can go with this." Jaemin said, clutching his stomach.

"Alright, let's start the choreography." Jeno said, smiling to his friends.

...

"What's wrong?" Jeno asked, reaching out towards his girlfriends arm. They were sitting in the practice room, listening to the song they had finished recording.

"Nothing." Haneul answered, avoiding his eyes. Jeno was positive that she wasn't telling the truth but didn't want to push too hard.

"You know if anything is wrong, you can tell me right. Anyways, even if it's something I did that made you mad." Jeno said giving her a soft squeeze.

"Well.... it's just..." Haneul started. Jeno leaned towards her.

"Just what?" Jeno asked as he placed his hand on her chin, turning her head so that she faced him.

"You're my first boyfriend." Haneul admitted.

"Are we going to fast for you?" Jeno asked. Haneul shook her head.

"No, not at all. I'm just worried since I'm not that experienced." Haneul confessed. Jeno slowly smiled as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"It's always different when you're with a new person." Jeno said, lacing their fingers together. "I don't really care about how experienced or inexperienced you might be, I just want to be happy and you make me happy."

"I do?" Haneul questioned. Jeno nodded.

"You make me very happy and as long as we can keep each other happy, nothing else matters." Jeno said, pulling her into a tight embrace.

"That makes me feel better." Haneul whispered into his ear, her words comforting Jeno's beating heart.

...

"I can't tutor you for a while." Renjun said as he filled his canvas with streaks of paint.

"Is it because of your rehearsals?" Areum asked. Ever since the rumor was released about her, she had sat with Renjun instead of the other girls during art class.

"Yeah, it's taking a lot more time that I thought." Renjun admitted.

"Oh." Areum said, trying to hide her disappointment.

"What are you doing this weekend though?" Renjun asked her.

"Probably just studying." Areum answered with a small sniffle.

"Do you have a few hours to spare?" Renjun asked, his eyes still glued to the canvas.

"Probably, why?" Areum said.

"Let's go on a date." Renjun said, turning to face her with a smile as he put his paintbrush down.

———————————————————————————

Jaemin vlive today? Maybe?