↠ 22

Taehyung took a gamble on the last question and circled false just as the professor announced that time was up. He let out a sigh and gathered up his stuff. He just hoped that he did well. That's all he could ever ask for. He took the test and placed it on the desk as the professor let the class go. His mind was on Jimin and you. He hoped that you made it safely.

He took out his phone and saw a new message. Quickly, he unlocked his phone and saw your message that you got Jimin home safely. Taehyung smiled and rushed out of the building. The others were still in class so he did not need to wait for anyone else. Although he might get told off by Seokjin whose class would end in another half hour. But at the moment, it was not important.

He didn't want Jimin to be alone and have those nightmares that kept him up all night.

The male rushed home, brushing by people and let out an impatient sigh as the elevator slowly made the ascend. The doors dinged and he was greeted by the front door. He quickly input the code into the keypad and opened to be greeted by silence. Was Jimin asleep?

To be careful, he did his best to be quiet and slip off his shoes. He looked around and didn't see you in sight. You must have gone home. Taehyung continued his way towards Jimin's room to check on him. He carefully opened the door and realized that the room was almost completely black. The only light was the lamp on the nightstand and then realized that there was another figure in the room. He let his slwoly adjust to the change of light.

Although it was mostly dark, he could somewhat see your forms. Jimin was asleep and there you were half on the bed and half on the floor. Your head resting on the bed and one of your hands holding Jimin's. He blinked in confusion. He thought you weren't even here. But he thought that this was the most that Jimin slept compared to last night.

The pink hair male was still sleeping. There was no shaking like last night when he checked in once in a while. Only Jimin's hand tightened arounds yours every time your hand moved slightly. He stood there for a moment, watching. And he wasn't sure himself on why he was still here.

Taehyung forced himself to take a step forward and then you jolted up, eyes almost wide. There was a flash that he almost caught but he couldn't think what it was. But you took a stance. A fighting one. Your free hand on the bed and your legs were tense as if it looked like you were ready to jump up. He held up his palms in a non-threatening way. "Sorry, did I scare you?" He whispered his question, noting the way your body relaxed.

"Yeah sorry." You whispered in response and sent him a sheepish smile. You carefully got up and you were pulled back by Jimin keeping his hold on your hand.

Taehyung lowered his hands. "Won't let you go?" He joked.

"Mm, I guess." You said and tried to take Jimin's hand off of you. It was unsuccessful.

"Here, let me see." He advanced forward and carefully took Jimin's hand. He slipped his fingers underneath Jimin's fingers. It allowed you to be free. Jimin's hand took a new victim - Taehyung - and he laughed.

"Thanks." You said and watched Jimin as he shifted around and pulled the clasped hands closer to him.

Taehyung turned to your direction. "Thanks for taking him home."

"No problem." You said. "I think I better get home. See you Taehyung." You turned around until Taehyung called out, the flash appearing in his mind.

"Oh Y/N?" He softly called out. You hummed in acknowledgement, slightly turning around.

"I think your mascara was running a bit. There's a bathroom in the hall if you need to check it." He thought he saw some black lines near your eyes. Did you cry earlier because you were worried for Jimin? You were a sweet person.

Your figure instantly froze. "Oh really? Aha, I'll check it then. See you Taehyung." You closed the bedroom and he heard your footsteps walking away. He strained to hear anything else but couldn't. He turned back to his friend and let out a sigh.

"Y/N's a good person, huh Jimin?" He asked softly even though Jimin wouldn't respond. "We can invite her out if you want for some movie." Taehyung whispered into the empty room and took a seat on the floor. He would endure this uncomfortable position as long as Jimin got a good amount of sleep.

Panic.

That was the only thing that chanted in your head. Moments ago, you were checking on the front camera of your phone and made sure that your eyes were normal. Perfectly normal human eyes. Definitely not eyes of a ghoul.

You had accidentally fallen asleep and when you felt another presence in the room, your thoughts immediately jumped to another ghoul entered the room. A natural reaction from you and all you can remember taking a stance and felt the brief flash of your eyes taking on their original form. Once you realized what you were doing, Taehyung's voice broke the silence. It was just Taehyung, not another ghoul.

Then panic set in. You blinked, feeling that your eyes returned to normal and praying to the world that Taehyung didn't have good eyesight in the dark. It wouldn't have been possible. Human eyesight was bad in the dark. That thought alone helped you be brought back into reality and a little bit of conversation with him.

But nothing could go right for a ghoul, could it?

When he mentioned mascara, you were confused. Sometimes you would but you didn't today. Then you realized, he must have seen the black lines from your eyes. You got out of there quick and you kept checking that your eyes were normal. You rushed out of the elevator, getting a look from a tenant as you rushed past them. Out in the open, you began walking home. Maybe you'll see Michael, Aika and Homura on your way. After all, it was near the end of your class.

Your hands clenched into fists and you felt like crying. You were tired of this cycle. You couldn't outright tell them and have them expose you to the Doves. What other choice did you have? You unlocked your phone, vision becoming blurry as your finger hovered the delete button on a few certain contacts.

But the question was; why couldn't you do it?