16

I'ma the be the one you know
I'ma the be the angel to your snow
I'ma the be the sea you saw
I'ma the be the pepper to your salt.

--

A pregnant silence, which blossomed into a sickening one filled Dr. Addy's office, sending a nervous energy to its occupants.

The only sound that was heard came from her too sparkly pink laptop, a serious look on her perfectly made-up face, making Chimdi a nervous wreck.

Dr. Addy paid zero attention to them as she typed away, making Chimdi wonder why the older woman called them on a bright Monday morning.

She didn't even get the chance to play catch-up with her friends, before a teacher whisked she and TJ to the older woman's office.

Chimdi felt her sweaty hands, her heart a thudding mess.

Why am I so nervous?

She queried, sparing a glance TJ's way.

He looked at ease, eyes darting around the office, a relaxed smile on his face.

Chimdi groaned internally.

Why am I the only one nervous?

She looked at TJ again and he sent her a cute grin, making her heart do weird things.

It's been like that ever since yesterday evening. After her cryscapades, they'd taken more pictures of happy kids, with TJ always offering her a smile. At first, it was weird, and when she asked him to stop smiling, he'd replied her with: "I dunno, I can't seem to stop smiling either. Maybe it's just you."

With that, she kept quiet, avoiding looking at his face, cos just a peek made her heart take to an off tune route and she didn't like it.

Then, they'd ordered takeouts from a sea food eatery, went back to her mother's house to select the pictures. After which they watched few episodes of The Witcher, TJ's idea.

And had fallen asleep in the sitting room, with the still in motion movie, watching them.

Dr. Addy's cell phone dinged, bringing Chimdi out of her reverie. She watched the lady's face light up as she glanced at her phone, before acknowledging them.

Finally!

"Tasie jnr. Gentry! How was your weekend?" Dr. Addy asked, a little too chirpy, eyes glinting with mischief.

Chimdi felt her heart thud.

Did she know we spent the weekend ?

But we didn't do anything wrong.

Oh please, he saw you on barely there clothing. Her subconscious mind taunted.

She felt her face heat up and cleared her throat.

She smiled at the older lady. "It was okay ma."

Dr. Addy raised a brow at TJ who flashed her a smile.

"Same too." TJ replied, making the older lady nod before clearing her throat.

"I'm glad. Back to why I called you two, we might have a problem." The older Lady continued. Chimdi felt herself tensing up.

What now?

"Your cinematography Teacher said that, you two can't get new partners-" she tried to sound sorry, but her eyes said another thing.

She continued, "It's been a month since groups were shared. It will make some lag behind. So... you two are stuck together."

Chimdi nodded. "Okay." She let out a sigh of relief. One she didn't know she'd holding.