3K BONUS: Kokushibo Catch-Up

A/N: Second best boi (who also kinda gives Madara vibes). Thanks for 3K!

Note: Reader is around 21 here, and has been a part of the corps since around 13-14.

--

When You Meet:

Your family was sort of famous for being one of the first branches of the Wisteria family, the ones responsible for sheltering slayers and helping them out. Your ancestor was one of the ones helped out by the first slayers (and one of your paternal grandmothers became a Breath of Ice user -- a long-lost art now, only cultivated by one of your aunts).

You were now a slayer yourself and were on a mission when your squad was ambushed. One of them started screaming about an 'Upper Kizuki' and begged for someone to call for a pillar before they were killed. You were hidden in a knot of a tree, watching breathlessly as this mysterious person (a tall demon with long, unruly black hair in a ponytail) gracefully struck down your squad members.

Just as you were about to leave your hiding spot, you caught his eyes -- all six of them, to be exact. The sight of his unblinking, cold yellow irises made you faint from fear.

... Hours later, you were awoken by a worried Kanroji as she and Obanai looked over the area. Most of your companions were gone, probably to be devoured, only leaving you.

You Meet Again:

Your next meeting was several nights later. You'd gone home traumatized, just about ready to give up slayerhood for good (only protested by your mother, who insisted you keep the breath style alive). You'd gone outside for some fresh air and to get away from the pitying looks of your family members, when you caught sight of a familiar ponytail in the trees surrounding your walled compound. To your relief, he seemed not to notice you, instead gazing pensively up at the moon.

You felt a surge of anger fill you and you felt a tingling sensation over your heart, your adrenaline leading you to pick up your katana and rush out of the compound to charge him. You leapt, he dodged, leaving you to jump onto a branch with bated breath.

Now that you were closer, he was much taller than you first thought -- he easily towered over you, staring down at you with an incomprehensible expression. You swung at him again, and he easily caught your blade, snapping it into pieces with a slight tightening of his fist. He caught your shoulder with the other hand, his eyes locked onto something. His thumb slipped your collar further apart, and his eyes widened when he saw the mark spreading across your chest. A turquoise snowflake spanned across your skin, disappearing into your kimono.

He immediately let go of you, gave you a quick once-over, before nodding his head slightly and disappearing. Around you, you heard deep whispers... "Interesting... your progress will continue to be appraised."

You Become Friends:

For a long, long time, you harbored a grudge against the unusual man for killing your friends. You visited their graves every week and vowed to get revenge. You didn't see him again for a few weeks afterward, but one night as you went about slaughtering any demon you came across, you met him again.

The two of you had (what was to you) a mock battle where you tried to hit him and he questioned you about your life. At first you were angry, denying that he had the right to know anything about you. But when it became apparent that he had no mind to kill you, you began to grow confused and started to answer questions.

That kind of interaction continued from there. Some nights you'd be about and you'd run into him, and the two of you would have a tense stand-off where he would ask questions and you'd answer. You tried to ask some of your own, but he deflected every time. Soon enough, you began to feel a strange sort of comfort(?) around him and stopped trying to kill him. You assume that was as close to 'friendship' as you could get with an Upper Kizuki.