-17-

Astraea Grey

I let out a groan in frustration as I walked back into my room. "It stained my hair blue" I cried out as I sat in front of my vanity. Colton raised himself of my bed and held his fist in his mouth to prevent himself from laughing. "And my face" I shook my head as placed my forehead in my hands.

God, why did I have to be so stupid.

First, I slept in class and missed the entire instruction. Then, I got distracted and poured a lot of perioxide into the measuring cup. And finally, I added more freaken perioxide because it wasnt working fast enough.

"Go ahead and laugh" I sounded defeated, because I really was. My face and part of my hair were blue. How the hell am I suppose to go to school like this. 

Colton let out a sigh of relief before he hunched over hugging his stomach laughing. "I cant take you seriously. You belong on the smurfs. No no no, on that talking orange show where the fruits talk" He laughed before looking at me but then looking away. The only places on my face that weren't blue was where the goggles were and my neck. I looked like a compelte idiot. "But on a serious note did you try and washing your hair again"

"I did like four times, along with my face" The color on my face only lighten up as it had been a darker blue when I came home. I crused the gods for giving me blonde hair as it made it easier for it to stain.

"I have an idea" Colton jumped from my bed and ran out the room, leaving me staring at my reflection. Colton came back running into my room holding none other than scissors. He stepped behind me looking at my horrid expression. "We can just cut your hair" He waved the scissors in the air. 

I slipped out of the chair "No no no" I stepped away from my psycho of a brother. 

"Why not, we can look just alike" He reassured, like that statement was going to make me jump right back in front of my vanity and allow him to cut my blonde locks. The one thing I loved about myself. No way in hell was this kid getting near me with those.

"Even more of a reason for me to not cut my hair" I shrieked.

"How about a buzz cut. You can look like a blond version of Sid from ToysStory" He arched a brow a grin appearing on his face.

"How about I give you a buzz cut" Colton's face drained of color and his lips fell into a firm line. "Exactly". Just like me he cherished his hair. But his reason was because his curls got him more girls.

"Rae, I'm here" I felt a weight lift of my shoulders as Madison stepped through the door. She held her finger out as she took serval breaths. "Whew, I need to get back into shape. But I got you these" She shook two bags from target that were in her hand.

"How did you get inside my house". Colton questioned regaining his composure after seeing Madison.

"So I didn't know what color to get. So I just grabbed every color I thought will look good on you" She dumped the bag onto my bed, revealing boxes of hair die and a toner. "I didn't grab any red shade" She grimaced making me smile.

"Again how did you get inside my house" Colton repeated.

"She knows where the extra key is at" I answered while looking at the boxes. I was deciding whether I should stick to blonde or try another color out. "Blonde or different color" I looked at my siblings.

"Lets do a different color. You've been a blond your whole life. Lets switch it up" Madison started looking at the boxes.

"Okay then." Colton paused as he reached out and grabbed a box "Try this". He handed Madison the box before giving me one finally look and waving the scissors in his hand. He wasn't going to give up.

"Get out" I pointed towards my door.

"Whatever, but you know where to find me. I'm a pro at shaving and cutting hair" He walked out the room.

"I didn't ask" I called out.

"Come on lets fix your hair... and face smurfette" Madison said with a grin earning an eyeroll from me.

"I'm only letting you slide because I love you" I stood up as we grabbed the things to die my hair and walked into my bathroom.

~*~

"Okay your done. Now on the count of three you can open your eyes" I nodded my head. "1...2...3"

I peeled my hands away from my eyes and looked at awe at myself in the reflection. I didn't think the color would have came out nice. Considering it was Colton who picked the color out and he wanted to so desperately cut my hair. I felt that he had picked a horrible and wretched color out. My face was slightly red however, as while we waited for the time to pass by for the die, we used rubbing alcohol and other products I don't quite remember to have my original color back.

"So.." Madison trailed off as she looked at me through the mirror, fiddling with her fingers. "What do you think?" She questioned.

Oh right, my expression wasn't helping her with telling whether she had done a good or bad job. "I freaken love it" I turned around and hugged her.

"I just dyed your hair. Your brother picked your hair color out" I chuckled at her statement.

"You also styled it" I added as I looked back at my reflection playing my hair. It was in soft curls and the color was now a honey brown. I've never imagined myself with any other color hair except blond, so seeing this actually thanked myself for being a stupid and jealous girl today.

 I've never imagined myself with any other color hair except blond, so seeing this actually thanked myself for being a stupid and jealous girl today

"Man, I wanted to cut your hair." Colton barged into my room with a disappointed look. "I should've picked a bad color" He huffed out as he threw himself on my bed.

"Next time" Madison stated as she started putting away my curling rod.

"No, I'm not turning myself into a smurf again."

Both Madison and Colton quirked an eyebrow at me. "I'm serious" But I even couldn't believe myself. I was prone to making something bad happen to myself. 

"Astraea, which tie" My dad walked in holding a red tie and a black in either of his hands. His eyes fell on me as he saw what I had just done. He widened his eyes and his mouth fell agape.

"It's that bad." I turned back and looked at my siblings "You guys lied. Hand me the blonde dye".

"No no. It looks good, you just look like your aunt Nilsa" My dad gave me a sad smile. I returned the gesture. My aunt Nilsa was my dads fraternal twin sister. She passed away when I was around fifteen after battling stage four breast cancer.

"Thanks dad. And the red tie" I pointed at the red tie. "Where are you going anyway?" It was around five and my parents usually went on date nights on a Friday.

"I have a meeting with a client. And your mom will be here later than usual because she's dropping a delivery off" I nodded my head. "Madison you can stay if you want. And Astraea or even you, Colton burn the house, I wont hesistate to put you guys up for adoption. Now love you guys" He placed a kiss on either one of our heads.

"Love you too dad" Colton and I sang together and watched as our father left my room.

"Lets make some pasta" I sprang up from my seat.

"Dad literally just said if you burn the house he'll put us up for adoption" Colton reminded as he walked passed me.

"Pizza it is". I cheered grabbing my phone.