Chapter thirteen

Bane

I shifted into my wolf, and charged at the door. Nothing would keep her away from me. I was out for blood.

There was no sound in here. At first I couldn't see anything; lifting my snout I followed her scent. I hated the mixture of blood I could smell; I was going to put those hunters through hell.

*

*

When I saw her my heart almost stopped.

My sweet Stella was sitting on the dirty floor, covered in chains.

She was unconscious.

I shifted back into my human form. I quickly slipped on the pair of shorts I made sure to bring along with me and ran to her body.

I had to be careful not to touch the silver chains because they'd burn my skin. Looking down at the bruises in the shape of fingers forming around her neck brought out anger I never felt before.

Feeling like nothing was more important than holding my mate in my arms I pulled at the chains. My fingers felt like they were on fire, I let out an agonizing scream, but I couldn't give up. I had to free her. I had to hold her. Tugging the chains harder I managed to get them off my girl.

The pain I felt didn't feel important anymore.

Finally I picked her up, and sat her in my lap; my arms wrapped around her fragile body, and it was now that I realized how little she weighed.

"I'm sorry baby. I promise I will make them regret this. I won't stop until I kill them!"

When she opened her eyes, I felt like I was in heaven.

"Bane?" She whispered.

Here I was, an alpha ready to start crying in front of my mate, and the few members of my pack that came with me.

"I'm here baby. I'm so sorry."

She gave me a weak smile. I hated myself. How could I have let this happen?

Where the fuck were the hunters?

Footsteps were heard.

Just then everyone turned their attention to the door where two men stood looking horrified.

Looking back down at my mate one last time I kissed her forehead, stood up straight.

I was ready to kill these pieces of shit.

-------------------

I thought it was so sweet when her tortured himself just to get the chains off her.