𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐒𝐨 𝐅𝐚𝐬𝐭

Hannam The Hills, Seoul

11:00AM

Roseanne's POV.

Goddamn it!

How could I have been so stupid as to leave my phone in her possession?

I don't necessarily have to go to her. I could wait for her to call Taejoon. Then Taejoon could pick it up and I won't have to see her.

Maybe if I waited a few hours she'd leave the phone at guest services before checking out. And it won't even be an issue. At least that's what I hoped and prayed on the cab ride back to Signiel.

A woman in a pants suit greeted me at guest services with a friendly smile. She was tall and thin with a cocoa complexion.

"How can I help you Miss?"

"I left my phone with my friend...I was wondering if you could tell me if she checked out of her room."

"Do you remember what room you were staying in?" She asked staring at the computer screen.

"No. I was staying with Lalisa Manoban."

After a few clicks of her mouse, she scrolled down the computer screen, before jotting down a number on a post-it.

"The room number is 1469. She hasn't checked out. Let me give her a call."

"What's your name, Miss?"

"Roseanne Park." She slid the phone closer toward her, lifted it off its base and pressed several numbers into the keypad.

"Ms. Manoban, this is Jeanette at guest services and I have Ms. Park with me. She says you're in possession of her phone. Okay....certainly. I'll send her up."

Jeanette placed the phone on the base. "Ms. Manoban requested your present in her room."

Of course she did.

"Thank you." I said.

"You're welcome."

I coached myself as I rode the elevator to her suite: Don't let her touch you.

Retrieve your phone and get out of there as quickly as possible. Don't let her touch you. Don't let her touch you.

My fingers were trembling as I knocked lightly on room 1469. Lisa opened the door dressed in a sleek, navy blue Chanel suit that played up the radiant brown of her eyes. My stomach contracted in response to her intrusive stare.

"You're wearing different clothes," I said lamely.

She nodded as she moved back allowing me access into her room.

"I asked my driver to pick me up something. Another plus of having a car. The drivers are more willing to do personal favors," she smiled.

"What are you still doing here?" I asked her.

"Waiting for you," she said, making my throat tighten nervously.

"Why?"

"You left your phone, and I was anticipating your return. I needed to see you."

"Why didn't you leave it with guest services? I would've come for it eventually." I offered acknowledging only part of what she said.

"I needed to see you."

"I don't know what you expect from me Lisa. I'm not the person you think I am. The person that spent the night with you isn't me. I don't do anything reckless ever," I admitted unable to look directly into her eyes. I was afraid I'd melt under her scorching stare. "I had a great time with you, but I have to go back to what I know."