32. An Avenge

The Royal court was filled with anticipation and tension. While a few ministers were worried that King Aditya's words might trigger their king's anger but the others were eager to know what their king might do. Would he abide by the rules his father set? Or will he create a new set of rules and take another wife. Vikram stood in a corner watching Arjuna's amused expression, how would he react?

As Arjuna rose from his throne, his rich laugh echoed through the huge court, his laugh was a humble one it was almost in a mocking way which irritated king Aditya.

"May I know what has made you laugh about this serious issue?" Aditya asked, as he took a step forward, his fingers twitching in anger.

"King Aditya, have you ever attended any Administration classes?" Arjuna asked with a playful smile on his face and he looked very calm.

"Of course I did!" Aditya spoke with a raised voice, was king Arjuna making fun of him?

"I don't think so, if you have ever attended any you would know that a king has only one queen. And a king is nothing without his queen."

"But-" Aditya tried to interrupt but Arjuna didn't let him.

"Our great ancestors have ruled this country with the directions their ancestors have conveyed. And I respect their thoughts and value their beliefs, so I, king Arjuna Prathap Verma of this Great kingdom Abhiras will never take another woman as my wife."

"That woman! Whom you have taken as a wife is a daughter of a concubine! She is a low born and-"

"ENOUGH!" Arjuna's voice roared making everyone shiver with fear. He took angry steps near Aditya and glared at him.

"Don't you dare utter another word from your disgusting mouth about a great queen of Abhiras!" He spoke as his jawline twitched and Aditya took a step back in a reflex as Arjuna's angry alpha aura was dominating.

The court broke out into loud hushes and whispers. Wondering if what Aditya has spoken were facts. If so, why will a king take such a low born woman as his queen.

Before Aditya could speak, Arjuna moved close to him and whispered in a icey tone, "You know what Aditya? You have dug your own grave. The moment we get our hands on the minister who was betraying us you are dead for sure." The smirk on Arjuna's face woke up those sleeping fears in him.

"But my lord! You can always reset those rules and take another wife." Arjuna's smirk widened when he heard that voice. He caught the traitor. He gave Aditya a small smile and said, "Got him!" Arjuna wisphered in a mocking tone looking straight inAditya's eyes, "The moment I have proves in my hand, that would be the end of your happy life."

Shifting his expression to a serious one he called for Vikram, " Vikram! Take this traitor and pump out all the information." Arjuna ordered.

It was Raghavendra, the minister of foreign relationships. Arjuna now understood why he was so keen on attending the swayamvar of Princess Priyamvada. The moment that thought had passed his mind a small doubt started to eat his brain, was king Indradas also involved in this with king Aditya?

Vikram started to chain the minister as everyone at the court remained confused and shocked.

Arjuna has to dismiss the court before more gossips can make their way out, but a loud bell of alarm rang through the palace walls making him still. The intensity of the bell made him understand that this was trouble.

A panicking sense of deja-vu settled in his heart.

"Vikram! Go and guard your queen and hand over this traitor to the authorities of the dungeon." He said and pulled his sword out making his way towards the royal quarters but he was stopped by a soldier who was badly hurt bleeding.