Chapter 47

Jennie's POV

I wanted to go to her so badly. My mind and body were begging me to go to her. I wanted to hug her so badly. I missed her warmth so
much. I wanted to say sorry so badly. Her voice, I need it right now. I wanted her back so badly. But...

"Geez, Soo-ah. Your crying like a baby again." A familiar voice and figure came to view as she smiled softly towards Jisoo. Jisoo, obviously, returned the smile but it was obvious that it wasn't real.

I gripped onto the tree trunk that me and Hanbin were hiding behind at. I took a couple of deep breaths to calm myself because I know that I was the reason of her not smiling like before.

"I am, aren't I? I've been a burden to you these past few days, Joo-ah... I don't know how I can repay you." She quickly wiped her tears and chuckled at the expression that Soojoo made which was an arrogant one.

"Psh. I already promised you before that I'll be here for you in case you guys broke up, right?" She cupped Jisoo's cheek and looked at her fiancé with care and concern. Jisoo's smile grew wider as she leaned her head on Soojoo's palm.

I gripped onto the trunk tighter, maybe enough to break it, and composed myself because if I were to step in now... that's going to be awkward.

Questions will be rummaging in their heads like, why is Jennie here? Did she hear us? Why does she look so mad? Am I gonna die? Or maybe those questions are just mine to think of.

"Thanks Joo-ah." Jisoo held Soojoo's hand and lightly caressed it making the other girl blush lightly.

I am really trying my best to keep myself still but seeing all this intimacy is killing me from the inside and out. Seeing Jisoo smile like that which is supposed to be mine, is piercing my heart with a thousand needles.

Hanbin noticed this and hugged my back to at least calm me down. I thanked him for that but the rage inside of me is not dispersing. But...

Why am I feeling this way?

Sure. I still love Jisoo but seeing her happy with someone else hurts more than the break up honestly. She has moved on and I have not so why am I so mad at them? It's my fault to begin with. It was a selfish decision. So why..?

I feel like I'm going yo cry any second now but held it back for them to jot notice me and Hanbin and well, so I could listen to their conversation more. And right on cue, Soojoo spoke while pulling her hand away from Jisoo's face. Which I am very thankful for.

"Right. Are you sure about the decision you made, Soo-ah?" She asked in worry. Jisoo chuckled bitterly at that before biting her quivering lower lip. She's about to cry again.

"I-I'm not sure honestly." Jisoo responded with a sad smile. Soojoo only sighed and leaned on the railing beside Jisoo who was balancing herself on the railings like the pro that she was.

"Y'know, you shouldn't force yourself on this." Soojoo gave Jisoo's thigh a light pat. Jisoo only bowed her head down to hide her tears from view which wasn't working considering that her shoulders were shaking.

"I know." Jisoo releases a shaky breath and inhaled once again. She looks stressed and all I want to do right now is make that sorrowful face go away.

"Jisoo... you know your breaking your promise once again, right?" Soojoo kept on looking at Jisoo intensely that I was getting uncomfortable with it. But Jisoo seemed fine which maddened me even though there was no reason to be mad at.

"Yes." Jisoo replied.

What promise? Their promise or something?

"Then why are you planning to do what you planned to do?" Soojoo asked. I feel like she's being cautious with her words. It felt like she was trying to keep a secret.

"I have to, Joo-ah. Besides, what's more to do here when the woman I love is so far from me now." Jisoo raised her head and smiled, genuinely this time, when she saw the blue and white clouds above her. A truly beautiful sight to be seen.

But... who was the woman that Jisoo loved so dearly that was far away from her? Did she have another lover behind my back while we were in a relationship? Did she cheat on me?

Negative thoughts came crashing down my mind. But it all stopped when Soojoo started talking.

"She's close, y'know. Like really close." Soojoo inched like she seriously inched closer to Jisoo then smirked sexily. Jisoo's sad expression now became an challenging one. Is she trying to make me kill her?

I couldn't hold back anymore but if Hanbin wasn't there with me, I would've punched those two real good.

"I know, Joo-ah. But I don't think she'll be happy about this." Jisoo chuckled and ruffled Soojoo's hair making the other girl whine.

"Oh... I'm pretty sure she will, Soo-ah." Soojoo said while fixing herself up.

Soojoo's expression became serious again and Jisoo avoided her gaze. I'm pretty sure something is going to happen.

"Are you sure, Jisoo?"

"About what?"

Soojoo took a deep breath then replied with a pitiful look on her face while smiling to Jisoo who was expecting the question she asked next.

"About leaving."

...