[32] Yucatan | The Runway II | Tease

"You sure he got everything?" Kiara asked John B as we sat on his dock. The sound of the water hitting against the wood was soothing as we listened to the bad news. My heart sank as I processed everything John B said. Everything we worked towards, everything we risked was for nothing.

I picked at the fresh bandage I applied on my arm as I thought over the information, my mood becoming sour as I pondered over it. I sighed, sticking a piece of tape to the wood next to me.

"Every bar," John B replied, a somber expression on his face as he stared up at the ceiling of the dock. I looked up at Kie, but she looked away, not wanting to catch my stare. She was still upset with me, and I didn't know exactly why. Perhaps it's because I sided with Pope instead of her, but even if that's the case, things should've blown over by now. "The whole enchilada."

I cringed as John B struggled to free his hand from his cast, grunting as he wiggled it. He pulled it off with a final grunt, sighing with relief as he tossed it to the side. "It's not like I expected a happy ending or some shit," he mumbled, slapping his hand against the dock.

"John B—"

"What, Kie?" He groaned, not really wanting a lecture. "It's a hairline fracture. Who cares?"

I felt a tap on my shoulder from above. I looked up to see JJ offering me a hit of his blunt. Once upon a time I remember him saying his weed isn't for Kooks, especially Kooks named Winslow. Look at how the times have changed. I gave him a small smile, taking the already-half-smoked blunt out of his hand. I took a hit, being careful not to inhale too much. I really didn't need to be tripping on cripple right now.

"You should care," Kie scolded him. "Your arm's gonna be messed up for life."

I took another quick hit, then passed it back up to JJ, who accepted it quickly before the other two could see we were sharing weed without them. I giggled, coughing a bit as I tried to find my composure.

"It's fine. See?" John B wiggled all his fingers, showing just how fine his hand was. I turned my head at the sound of approaching footsteps slapping against the dock. I squinted my eyes as Pope came into view, confusing racking my body. He was suppose to be at an interview, so why was he here?

"Guys!" He yelled as he got closer, gaining everyone else's attention. He was panting as he slowed to a stop, resting his hands on his knees as he tried to regain his breath. "Oh! Oh! Oh, God. I ran all the way here."

"How was the interview, Pope?" JJ asked, finishing off the rest of the blunt.

"Don't ask," he grunted, still struggling to regulate his breathing. "JB.. Look, I'm sorry, dude. About everything."

"It's fine.."

"B-but I don't have a lot of time," Pope wheezed, stuttering as he fumbled with his words. "And I have information that is tactically relevant."

All of our ears perked upon hearing that, so we stayed silent, allowing him to continued. "So, before I had my interview, my dad said he was going down to the private airstrip to cut palms for Cameron's big plane. Because it was too heavy, it needed a longer landing strip to take off. So, I'm there sitting in my interview, thinking to myself, 'Hm. Why would Cameron need a longer airstrip to take off?' What could be so heavy to weigh it down?"