Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Fuck This Society!!!!!!

Tiningnan ko ang wrist watch ko. It was already 9:40 PM and the party has started at 7:30. I was about to chew my bottom lip but I immediately stopped myself since I don’t want to ruin my nude lipstick. 

I was standing in front of the villa where Cyprian’s party is being held. Maraming sasakyan ang nakaparada sa labas at mula dito ay dinig na dinig ko ang kaunting ingay na nakakatakas mula sa loob, maging ang iilang pagsayaw ng mga iba’t-ibang kulay ng ilaw. 

Cyprian said he hired the known DJ in one of the bars here in Angeles. Napa ‘nice’ pa nga sina Colton nang sabihin iyon ni Cyprian pero ako ay hindi maka-relate dahil hindi ko naman kilala ‘yon since hindi naman ako madalas gumimik. 

I pushed out a deep sigh before taking nervous steps towards the door. Instead of knocking or clicking the doorbell, I decided to just push the handle since it’s too loud inside, baka hindi lang nila marinig. 

A dismay sigh escaped from my lips the moment I found out that it was locked. What do I do? Hindi na dapat talaga ako pupunta and I already told Cyprian about it. Kahit daw gusto niya akong makapunta ay naiintindihan naman daw niya dahil sa nangyari kanina. 

Nahihiya nga ako sa kanya so I just decided to set aside the issue and attend to his party. Cyprian is my friend and he’s been nothing but good to me and I won’t let his special day pass without me showing my little appreciation to him. 

Ilang sandali pa akong nag-antay. I did my second attempt of pushing the handle down and my face lit up when it finally unlocked! 

Akala ko ako ang may kagagawan no’n but then the moment I push the door open I’ve realized that there is someone from inside the villa who opened the door that’s why it unlocked on my second attempt.

The lights were dimmed from inside the villa but that didn’t hinder me from seeing how fine this guy who was standing in front of me, holding the door handle as well. He was about six feet tall, too with a mixture of mischief and mystery hugging his features and aura. 

He looks like bad news… a bad kind of news that women will choose to fall for in spite the trouble and uncertainty. 

My lips parted, swallowing the forming lump in my throat. “S-Si Cyprian?” I asked. 

A small grin formed on his lips before tilting his head to look inside. When he titlted his head back at me, he opened the door widely and there I saw Cyprian who was walking towards our direction and his eyes met mine, his face lit up as his steps became frantic until he finally approached me. 

“Mona!” Tuluyan na siyang lumabas but the man stayed on framedoor, leaning an arm to the handle while watching us. Hindi ko na lang pinansin at tiningnan si Cyprian.

“Akala ko hindi ka makakarating?” He said, quite surprised and amused.

I gave him a warm smile. “Pwede ba ‘yun? I’m sorry, na late ako…” Medyo nahihiya kong sabi. 

“It’s alright, at least you came.  And the night is still young! Marami pang pwedeng mangyari…” He said. 

I smiled sweetly at him. “Happy birthday, Ian!” I greeted, handing him a paperbag. 

His eyes narrowed a little. “Sinabi ko nang h’wag kang mag-abala, e.” Aniya. 

“E, gusto kong mag-abala kasi kaibigan kita. Nagpatulong pa ako kay Mommy diyan!” I said, laughing a little. It feels nice to have friends. The excitement while picking up for their gifts and the happiness and appreciation that you can see on their faces once you handed the gift is something incomparable.