58

Three days later...

Hyun Wook hummed along as he made his way to Hyun Ae's wardroom. He softly knocked on the door before sliding it open.

"Hello?" he called out as he peeked his head in, and saw Namjoon sitting on the edge of the bed, staring at the floor.

"Namjoon hyung? Why..." Hyun Wook paused as he entered the room and looked around. "Where's Hyunnie noona?"

Namjoon let out a sigh and looked up at Hyun Wook in despair.

"Hyun Wook... She..." he paused for a moment, taking a deep breath before he continued. "The doctor had checked her, but... after she woke up, there's something wrong with her vital organs."

"No... The doctor said that she should be fine in a few days?!"

"There's a sudden change in her blood pressure and some other complications. She needed to go under another risky operation."

After hearing that, Hyun Wook felt a lump in his throat as he slid down the wall behind him.

"What is it again this time? Ah..." he hissed, clasping his hands together as he closed his eyes and began to pray. "Please let my sister live, I can't lose her like this-"

Suddenly the door opened again.

Both Hyun Wook and Namjoon looked up, and there was Hyun Ae, staring at her watch as she stepped into the room, approaching her brother with her eyes still on her watch.

"Huh? Noona?" Hyun Wook called out, totally confused to see his sister standing there, looking fine.

"Hey, kiddo. You left for lunch early today," Hyun Ae pointed out, crossing her arms and tapping her foot.

"W-W-Where was you?"

"Ah, I was just going to get some fresh air."

"Then why is this guy not following you?!" Hyun Wook stood up, gesturing to Namjoon, who was chuckling at the confused boy.

"Because I told him to stay here. I knew you were coming, so I told him to stay and made up some stories," Hyun Ae explained, softly chuckling as she patted his shoulder. "Fun, isn't it? Being fooled."

Hyun Wook went quiet as he silently stared at his amused sister. But the smile on her disappeared when he said, "give me your left hand."

"NO!" Hyun Ae shrieked, and quickly rushed towards Namjoon, hiding behind him. "Help me, Namjoonie!"

"Calm down, Hyun Wook. Don't try to do anything to her hand. I know you're aiming for that cannula thing," Namjoon calmly said, putting up both of his hands in front of him as he made sure Hyun Wook was away from her. "You love your sister, right? So, don't do that."

Hyun Wook sighed, rolling his eyes as he sat down on the chair beside the bed.

"Fine. You're saved," he chuckled, as he watched both of them sitting by the edge of the bed.

"See? I told you that I would protect you," Namjoon giggled, as he patted her head softly.

"He'll tease me on some other day, believe me," Hyun Ae grumbled as she scooted closer to him.

"Let me ask something," Hyun Wook spoke, his eyes squinted at both of them as he proceeded to ask. "Are you guys like... together, now?"

Both of them chuckled before Namjoon placed his arm around her waist and gave the other boy a knowing look.

"Well... what does it seems like to you?" Namjoon smiled.

"Tch. Now you got your Namjoonie oppa at the end, huh?" Hyun Wook snickered, crossing his arms again as he gave Hyun Ae a look.