Chapter 75 - Date

You, Clem, and AJ made it back to the school with ease. You three are walking back to your room.

AJ: I like James. He's cool and tough. Not like you guys, but he doesn't kill monsters, but he's also not scared of them.

 You see Ruby walking down the hallway.

Ruby: Hey, guys. Willy already informed on the plan. I'm hoping your back with good news from that... guy?

Y/N: His name is James, and he'll be helping us.

Ruby: Well, shit. If anyone told me that we were going to sneak onto a boat via walkers, I'd call them insane.

AJ: What're you doing with those pillows?

Ruby: I'm glad you asked! I'm gonna be throwing a hootenanny for we all fight tomorrow.

AJ: Swear?

Ruby: What?

Clementine: It's not a swear, It's just means party.

Ruby: Right. Everyone needs their spirits lifted up, right now.

Y/N: Well, this could be our last day alive, so why not?

Ruby: I want to make some tea for everyone. Can I use that heater thing of yours?

Y/N: Yeah, We'll fetch it for ya.

AJ: Can I help?

Ruby: Sure! We need some decoration for the old music room, think you can handle it?

AJ: I got it! I'll be an artist! 

He runs into the room and you both followed him inside. You grabbed the heater as AJ finishes the drawing.

Clementine: Hey, not bad, kiddo. Keep it up, and you'll be as good as Tenn.

AJ: Tenn's really good. I don't think I can be as good as him.

Y/N: Not with that mindset you can't.

He looks down with a frown.

Clementine: What's wrong? Did Y/N hurt your feelings? Am I gonna have to hurt him?

AJ: No... I was just thinking about stuff... when I was drawing.

He hops out of the chair and walks over to the window.

AJ: I've notice that there's three kinds of eyes. There's alive eyes, which we got. There's dead people eyes, they kinda look like dirty water... And there's alive people eyes right when you kill them, like what Y/N did to Able. His eyes looked like someone blew out a candle. He's a bad guy, but I can't help but feel like this.

Clementine: It's normal to be feeling stuff like that. It shows that you're a good person.

He walks over to the door.

AJ: I've been getting real smart.

Y/N: Oh, yeah?

AJ: Yeah. 'Cause I'm always thinking.

Y/N: What have you been thinking about?

AJ: You and Clem getting bit, and turning into a monster.

You and Clem looked at each other in shock.

Clementine: Oh...

AJ: Yeah. The older I get, I see it more and more. I don't know why. What happens then?

Clementine: AJ, we've talked about this. Tons of times. If me and/or Y/N gets bit, you know what you have to do.

AJ: I don't want to talk about this anymore.