Ch. 23

Warning this chapter is short

Aiden's POV

"I still can't believe that i just asked who Caden was." I say shaking my head.

"Anyways lets go to your third and final challenge." He closes his eyes and here we are in a dark room.

I see Danielle beaten with blood oozing out of her mouth and her nose along with a little shadow figure in her arms. Danielle is whispering a lullaby while crying into the babies arms. But almost too soon I notice how it took me a minute to realize that it was Danielle. Lined up beside danielle is the rest of my family except Jaylyn is pregnant. Almost immediately i feel infuraited.

"Bullet. What the hell?" I ask pushing him.

"I'm sorry I have to put you through this." He says softly fading away.

Suddenly a man in a black hood comed out of the shadows with a long knife.

"Tsk tsk tsk...one of them have to go...who is it is your choice." He says smiling at me.

"No...None of them are going anywhere." I growl with my eyes glowing red.

"Do you even know any of their names?" He taunts.

I look at the people lined up and I notice how their faces are blurred out and my head starts to hurt. "Of course I do..." I mumble trying to squint my eyes.

"Just pick one..." a voice echos.

"Aiden its ok you can pick me." A soft beatiful voice says. I turn around to see Dani's face fade in and out.

"No..." I whisper softly.

"Dani who is this?" I ask pointing at the figure in her arms.

"Aiden meet your-" suddenly the knife is pointed at her head and my eyes widen.

"NO!" I yell.

"Tick Tock. Pick one to die before I kill your mate and your precious baby." He says tilting his head in boredom.

"Aiden. Please just pick me. I don't want my baby to die." She sobs.

Suddenly a cry is heard from the figure and realization hits me.

"Kill me." I say softly and out of no where I see Bullet running towards me.

The man raises his eyebrows with a small smile and claps his hands.

"AIDEN NO! DON'T-"

"AIDEN! DON'T YOU DARE!" Dani yells but it's too
late the man turns around and stabs me right through the heart and I smile as the fire that was throbbng to be let out finally surrounds my body. I fall to the floor and the light that was fighting to stay alive finally blows.

Dani's POV

I look around and I see Gabby holding Damien as he cries into her arms...Caden is holding Piper for comfort...Jaylyn is in the corner of the room going through picture books while crying. And Ace is holding Nevaeh as she cries and cries over the lost of her oldest.

For the first time ever Damien let's Gabby hold him, he cries into her arms gripping onto her shirt while he physically breaks down, Caden is screaming into Piper's chest begging the gods to bring his brother back.

The only thing keeping me from screaming and fighting against anything is the baby inside of me, otherwise I'm pushing back the growing depression. The mate-bond is breaking piece by piece and all I can do is watch it happen.

"I don't know if you kids remember this but back when you were kids Aiden and Damien used to fight all the time but I remember this one fight Aiden let Damien win because he knew Damien had a disadvantage because his leg was broke." Another tear drops from my eyes but I speak up.

"Me and Aiden never really liked each other as kids but I remember this one time I had no friends me and my mom had just moved to the pack and I was all alone playing with my favorite doll under a tree and Aiden walked up to me and played with me all day until my mom had got home from work. But of course he made me promise no one knew he was playing with dolls." I chuckle out wiping my eyes.

Jaylyn closes her book and looks at us. "We were older when this happened maybe 15 or 16...but we went to this high school party and at this time I was dating this boy he ended up cheating and I cried all night long and Aiden was there to wipe my tears and buy me chocolates and cuddle with me. Then to make him jealous Aiden posted a picture with his hoodie on hiding his face of him hugging me and sent it to him. And then we laughed about silly stuff." Jaylyn laughs showing us the picture in the picture book. Aiden looked so carefree and happy.

"I remember that grill in his mouth. That was his favorite one." I point out.

Caden looks at the next picture and laugh a little. "I remember that day. That was the first day I pinned Aiden in a fight." He laughs out a little.

We all smile and I look at the picture on the other page and frown. "I remember when Aiden had took Haley to that dance. I remember telling myself that she was only using him for the nice ride."

Everyone bursts out laughing. Suddenly a panicked doctor runs into the room with burn marks all over him.

"He's not dead." He pants out before fainting.

Without hesitation I stand up and run out of the room in full speed. Faster than ever. I reach the hospital and chase after his scent which leads to the hospital basement.

"Aiden..." I call out.

I don't see or hear anything until a dark figure surrounded by fire pins me against the wall in less than a second. Except I don't feel comforted at all. I feel fear.

But those damn sparks make me feel like I'm walking on clouds.

He obviously feels them too but frowns. "Aiden...I've missed you so much." I whisper a single tear dancing down my face.

"Who the fuck are you?" He growls in my face with so much force.