three

"ℙ𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕤𝕖 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕙𝕒𝕥𝕖 𝕞𝕖"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Outer Banks: Episode 1, 26:02

After JJ showed the crew what he had found we all headed to the docs. We were sitting with a few other Pogues from town when a dead body was wheeled in. 

"Who's that?" John B asks the girl sitting beside us. 

"It's Scooter Grubbs. He was out during the storm. Check out this pic I got. Dead body," she replies, showing you a picture of a dead body. You look away, disgusted that she would take a picture. JJ moves so that he is behind you, his arms wrapping around your waist, his chest up against your back.

"What kind of boat did he have?" JJ asks the girl.

"Somehow, that dirtbag copped a brand-new Grady-White. Everyone's out looking for it," she says. You all exchange glances, knowing the boat you had found was his. You start to feel a little uneasy, so you grip JJ's forearms to keep you steady. He notices your change in mood and tightens his grip on you. 

~~~

You all headed back to John B's house. You took your usual seat on JJ's lap before Pope came in panting. 

"Okay. So, um... we didn't see anything. We don't know anything," he stressfully says, making you roll your eyes.

"We need to have total and complete amnesia," he adds. You sigh and dig your head into JJ's neck, not wanting to be in this conversation. JJ surprises you when he speaks up.

"Actually, Pope's right, for once. See I agree with you sometimes," he says. He picks you up in his arms and stands up, before dropping you back on the chair. He walks over to John B saying,

"Deny, deny, deny,"

"Guys, we can't keep that money," Kiara buts in, you nodding your head in agreement. 

"Okay. Not all of us can afford unlimited data plans, Kiara," JJ snaps back rudely.

"JJ!" You hiss at him.

"We have to pass that off to Lana Grubbs. Otherwise, it's bad karma." Kiara tells him.

"Bad karma to be implicated in a felony, too. We gotta go dark." Pope said. 

"If that means we get to keep the money, then I agree," JJ says. You mentally groan.

'Here we go...' you think, as you start to zone out, not wanting to listen to the conversation anymore.