Hoodwinked

Bunty bunched her hand over clumps of her insanely curly hair, admiring her appearance in the mirror before her. She smirked and posed in different positions, attempting to get her best angles.

"You need me to drain the Horklump cysts?" she over-exaggerated her raised eyebrows. "Of course I will, Newt! I would do anything for you."

She giggled and bit her lip, twirling about in her plain dress. It wasn't until a hard pecking sound hammered at her window that she trained her attention on something else. An enormous tawny owl was perched on her windowsill.

"Hello, sweet thing," Bunty remarked, advancing the glass. "Have you got something for me?"

It was a common occurrence for this particular tawny owl to appear at her flat. It normally held a yellowed letter within its beak that was stamped with the maroon seal of the Ministry. Bunty was very familiar with the handwriting of the one Leta Lestrange and wasn't surprised to see her curvy signature on the front of the parchment.

"What other dinner party are you trying to get Newt to go to now?" she wondered aloud as the owl clacked its beak against her fingertips. It hooted before expanding its vast wingspan and sailed into the setting sun over the horizon.

This particular letter was rather long compared to any of the previous she'd acquired. With a suddenly knitted brow, Bunty flipped the page over to see even more writing, obviously noting that this was much more than a simple dinner invitation.

Bunty,

I wanted to state right out that I'm thankful for all you do to help Newt. No matter how many times Theseus and I ask for you to confront him you always deliver - regardless that we all know he won't respond. And with that being said, I have another request for you, though this one is a bit more elaborate.

I trust that you've noticed how Newt has become steadily even more distant than usual, which is borderline falling out of existence. I also want to believe that you've developed a few suspicions about what or who has been the cause of this. Through a small investigation of my own, I have discovered an American correspondent Newt has been in contact with ever since his return to England. Hopefully you've seen some letter exchanges?

I've found that her name is Adelaide Goldstein - sound familiar? I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if Newt's recent behavior is stemmed from a girl he met while he was away.

Theseus and I have been talking, and I have a proposition for you. I know that you, along with Theseus and I, want our old Newt back. You've talked about how he's never been quite the same since coming home and I think getting this girl to him will solve all our problems.

Would you be interested in participating in getting Miss. Goldstein to England? We would want to make her as comfortable as possible, and seeing as you visit Newt on the daily, I though that perhaps she could stay at your flat. I know you have a spare room and this is a bit forward to suggest, but staying with you might be the most comfortable living situation for her. We wouldn't want her to be thrown into a hotel or other unfamiliar sights.

If you are willing to host, I can write to Miss. Goldstein within the next day or two. Thank you so much for the consideration, Bunty. Please write to me with a response as soon as possible.

Another thing, Theseus and I have some incredibly important news to share with Newt. Could you tell him to meet us at the Department of Magical Law Enforcement this evening? It is immensely urgent and DO NOT take no for an answer.

And finally, please keep this information between us. We wanted this all to be a surprise, bringing Miss. Goldstein.

Thank you,