Ocean Conservation

"Can I please see Healer Goldstein?"

"Are you not hearing me? Healer Goldstein is in a meeting with the Chief and the head attendings." The secretary raised her eyebrows, making her wrinkled skin fold in further lines of frustration, "I'm afraid there's no such emergency that warrants an interruption for them."

Newt bit the inside of his cheek, subconsciously moving his weight from one foot to the other, "Do you know when they'll be out, perhaps?"

It appeared she had hoped her final statement would make him mosey along for her reaction was absolutely priceless, "Listen, if it's so very important that you see..."

"It is very important..."

"Then maybe come back in a few hours and see if she's out of her rounds. Healer Goldstein has a lot of responsibility on her plate right now - being the new head resident and first American in this hospital really takes a..."

"She's head resident?"

If it was possible for this secretary to convey her annoyance anymore, you'd feel the scorch marks from down the street.

"Chair. Sit. Now. Or leave before I call security."

Newt stared blankly at her as she flicked her wand to another stack of files she'd been documenting. In his state of complete shock and anticipation, he'd completely forgotten any other kind of social etiquette.

Adelaide had become everything his mind could think of.

And in a vain attempt to apologize, he thanked the woman and ventured to one of the waiting room chairs. Many witches and wizards in lime green robes were coming around to question those that required treatment. And perhaps it was the way Newt bounced his foot harshly into the floor, or the way he was practically pulling out hairs from the base of his neck, or it could have been the way he was mumbling things to himself - but a healer came to him promptly.

"Good morning, sir, how can we help you today?" It was a young man with a mop of ridiculously curly hair; curls that even Newt was impressed with.

"Oh, I-I'm not here for m-me," he choked out. It was almost like that was all he could muster in his fit of anxiousness. But the young healer appeared to be expecting more of an answer, so he continued, "I'm waiting for a frie... for one of the resident healers."

It almost took him by surprise how quickly the man split into a blinding grin, "Oh, well lucky you! I just so happen to be a healer." He pointed towards his badge, a valiant attempt at easing his 'patients' nerves. "Maybe I can help you find them."

Newt swallowed hard, even sneaking a peek at the severe receptionist viciously waving her wand. "Um... sh-she just started here." It was as if the words were reluctant to scrap past his sandpaper tongue, "I just wanted to see if sh-she was alright."

Placing his clipboard at his side, the healer jabbed his lip with the tip of his quill in animated thought, "Well, the only new healer we've gotten recently is Anna, but she's American - you probably don't..."

"No, no, no, no, no - that's her!" Newt sprung to his feet, taking the young man by complete surprise, "I was - I was quite hoping to see her... t-today."

The healer snuck a quick glance at the way Newt wrung his hands and kept his frantic gaze towards the ground, "Hey, well, I can send her a message on our wand system if you'd like. She's probably filing paperwork at some station upstairs." He extracted his wand, noticing the way Newt whipped his head up in confusion.

"But that woman said that she was in a meeting."

"Oh, don't pay attention to anything she says," the man stated, flashing his green eyes to the counter, "I still think she's the ghoul Chief Bonham said was tampering with the containment room - needed to give her some other job to do. Hippocrates, by the way - or Healer Wyck if you'd prefer."