A New Friend

Izuku's POV

   Todoroki was distracted while arguing with the other boy that he got shot by one of the cement guns the villains were equipped with.

   Todoroki sent flames and the wind boy aimed his winds at Gang Orca once again. That caused Todoroki's flames and the other boy's winds going at wrong directions.

   My eyes widened when I saw the flames approaching where Shindo was, still on the ground. 

   I quickly pulled him out of the way, blocking the flames from reaching the first aid center with some ice.

   "What are you two doing with a villain in front of you?!" I yelled, snapping them both out of their arguments. "Whether you like each other or not, deal with it! Save your bickering for later! Don't you see what's most important right now?!"

   Just when I said that, the two stopped arguing but seemed to get lost in thought. Despite my efforts to keep the two stronger boys safe, Gang Orca managed to paralyze the wind boy before I could do anything.

   "Hey kid...Let the two be." I heard Shindo say from behind me. "Let them deal with their own problems, it's a chance for them to redeem themselves...Although I doubt that they'll be able to pass."

   "You're okay! I thought you were knocked out or something." I laughed, helping him up. 

   "Nah...I'm used to vibrations since it's a part of my own quirk." Shindo chuckled. "Anyways, we have other things to worry about."

   I nodded, looking towards the hoard of villains coming this way. Shindo used his sound waves to stop the incoming villains.

   "I've stopped them but go put them out of action!" He yelled and I immediately started running towards the group of villains.

   I've been using my mother's quirk for a while and it's reaching its limits quite quickly, since I've never trained my other quirks properly. I have no choice but to use my main quirk, but like before, it might cause some disturbance to the others.

   I had just taken down a few villains when the villains turned their attention back to Gang Orca. I turned to see what was happening too, and I smiled when I saw Todoroki and the wind boy working together this time.

   "I knew they could do it..." I muttered, turning back to the group of villains in front of me. "Now all they need is support."

   "Midoriya! All the injured have been evacuated!" I heard Ojiro say. "Reinforcements will be here soon!"

   "Great!" I replied, kicking a man. 

   "We're here to help!" I turned to see Mina and Tokoyami taking down two villains.

   I smiled at them and just as a villain was about to shoot cement at me, a tongue pulled the man down.

   "Tsu!" I smiled, blocking some cement coming my way. "When did you get here?"

   "I polished up my frog skills and now I'm able to use camouflage." Tsuyu replied, getting up from the ground. "We're pretty much done with the search and rescue at the disaster zone."

   I nodded, throwing a different villain onto the ground after he got whacked by a flute.

   "Somebody's going to think that you quirk is flute smacking, Aika." I laughed when I saw her whacking someone else. "Why not use your actual quirk, hmm?"

   "Do you think that I'll be able to continued playing a whole bunch of instruments nonstop? Besides, it's fun smacking people." Aika shrugged, holding her flute like some kind of sword. "It's not like my flute's going to break or anything. It's the closest thing to a sword I can summon!"

   "Nice to know." I laughed, kicking a villain while using a slight bit of One for All.

   Aika told me to go help Todoroki and the other boy, since she felt like they weren't going to hold up. I was hesitant but soon that hairy guy came to help so I ended up going to help the two boys.

   "I feel very upset to let you go help them...But that's what you have to do." Aika said dramatically, wiping an nonexistent 'motherly' tear.

   "Gosh, you're so dramatic..." I laughed. "Well bye 'Mom!'"

   "I'm not your mom!" AIka retorted, smacking another villain with her flute. 

   "You act like one!" I replied, making my way towards where the flaming pillar of wind was.

   I could see that Todoroki and the wind boy was getting  tired. Gang Orca showed no signs of giving up, nor did he look like he was going to lose. At this point, the two won't be able to hold.

   Just as I arrived where the two boys were, the flaming pillar was blown away, revealing Gang Orca in the middle. He reached for Todoroki but I threw a ball of fire his way, making Gang Orca step back.

   After creating a gust of wind to cover up the surroundings, I approached from the back, kicking Gang Orca with all the strength I could muster. Of course, I had a little help from One for All but I could only use around 8% of the quirk right now.

   I was about to continue attacking when a sudden sound of a buzzer going off interrupted me. I relaxed from my fighting stance and I politely bowed at Gang Orca.

   "After we tally the scores, we will announce the results here." I heard someone say from the intercom. "Those who are injured should go to the infirmary."

   I quietly moved to the changing room with my school uniform.

   I smiled to myself, sighing in relief since I felt good about how I did on the tests. I was nervous all day long and even though I tried to hide it, it seemed like quite a few of my classmates caught onto my emotions. But everything played out well so I'm not that nervous anymore.

   I bumped into someone once I got out of the changing room. I looked up to see the wind boy from before. I smiled at him and he started blushing and smiled back.

   "Thanks for...before." He smiled. "I'm Inasa Yoarashi. You're Izuku Midoriya, right?"

   I nodded, following him out of the changing room. We stood around, talking to each other about the test and stuff, waiting for the results to come out.

   "So...Why do you hate Todoroki so much?" I asked Inasa.

   "Just...His eyes. He just acted so much like his father." The boy frowned. "It bothered me and to be honest, I hate Endeavor. I still do."

   "Well, you're not the only one." I smiled, waving towards some other students. "I don't think Todoroki meant to be rude to you. He was probably just trying to forget about his father."

   Inasa hummed in response and we were separated, since we had to get with our own school. 

   "C-Can I have your phone number?" The boy asked before he left.

   "Oh, sure!" I typed in my phone number into his phone. "And tell T- I mean the girl hello for me. She helped me out during the first test."

   I pointed towards Toga, or the girl she was disguised as. The boy nodded, waving at me as I left to my own group.

   "What a nice kid..."