Couldn't Forget

"Taehyung I really don't want to gooo," Jeongguk whined as he stood by the door, suitcase in hand.

"I know, I know. But at least you'll be able to see your family! Don't you miss them?!" Taehyung said, trying to keep upbeat and act as though he wasn't whining on the inside as much as Jeongguk.

"I suppose..." he trailed off. "But my little brother is there, so at least I'll be able to see him again!" he said, starting to boost his moral. "Oh! And my older sister texted me saying she was going to be visiting as well so she'll be there!" A smile was starting to take over his face.

"See?" Taehyung said, "It's not going to be so bad!"

"You're right," the younger responded. "But I'm still going to miss you," he continued, taking a step closer and engulfing the older in a hug.

"I'll miss you too," Taehyung said, breathing in his comforting scent as he hugged him. He was really going to miss this.

After what must have been two minutes, they pulled apart.

"Well," Jeongguk started, "I guess this is good bye..." he sighed and opened the door, walking out with one last look at Taehyung.

Meanwhile, staring at the now closed door, all Taehyung could do was huff. Not only was he going to be alone for the next day or two, not only was he going to miss the little bunny boy, said man left without a proper good bye!

They've kissed before! So why couldn't he do it now?! At least then Taehyung would have something to hold him over for the next few days.

He decided there was no use just standing there, so he turned around, making his way towards the couch.

That is, until he heard the door burst open and a breathless Jeongguk appeared.

"I'm sorry," he breathed heavily, "but I got all the way down there and I realized I couldn't leave without this." He inhaled, trying to get as much air as he could into his lungs before making his way towards the older.

"Without wha-," Tae was cut off as a pair of lips smashed against his.

Oh, Taehyung thought, this is what he forgot.

Jeongguk pulled away only for Taehyung to grab the sides of his face two seconds later and pull him back in for one last desperate kiss. You'd think they were Jack and Rose in the last twenty minutes of Titanic; but alas, they were just Taehyung and Jeongguk, two boys who were just trying to figure things out, and who would truly miss each other over the next two days.

"Thank you for coming back," Taehyung whispered, stepping away.

"I wouldn't have forgiven myself if I didn't," Jeongguk said seriously.

Five seconds later they both burst into laughter, Taehyung hitting the latter's chest lightly. "Why are we like this?"

"I have no idea," Jeongguk chuckled.

"Well," Taehyung started, composing himself. "Stop being dramatic. You need to go. You don't want to miss your train."

"Ugh, I know. But I'm still going to miss you," he said with pouty eyes and lips to match.

"I know, and I will too...Now get moving!" Tae shooed him towards the door.

"Okay okay," he said, putting his hands up. "Make sure you call me at night and invite Hobi Hyung over if you're lonely."

"I will," Taehyung said adoringly. "Now please, go."

"Okay," he whispered, opening the door and walking out.

Taehyung stood in the hallway and watched as he made his way to the elevator where he had dropped his suit case.

So, Taehyung thought, what should I do now?

————

70k reads!!