Chapter 20

"Miss Villaruel, you look stunning," Lea said, as I walk into the pool area. "Hindi naman, ikaw grabe ka mambola, unti na lang maniniwala na ako," ngayon nga pala ang parang party ganon ewan ko eh basta party to inuman ganon pangmayaman.

"Seryoso ako ma'am, just by wearing a simple fitted red dress mukha kang super model, ma'am," I just laugh at what she said, and we walk to the standing table and get some drink.

After our team building yesterday, I rest well kasi wala namang gagawin kinabukasan, pwera lang ngayon na party gathering daw well gabi naman kaya kaninang umaga nakipagvideo call lang ako kay Milo, the whole time and bukas daw magkakaroon ng ceminar and the next day naman is ball ganon ang daming alam.

I was busy drinking my ladies' drink with lea and some girls here when someone approached me.

"Marco Funtabel, from Via Amore," he lends his hand in front of me and I just accept it and shake hands with him.

"Cherry Villaruel, Villaruel Clothing line," I introduce my self total na nauna namam siyang magpakilala.

He's good looking wearing a simple gray dresser and open with 3 button and black pants pairing it to Balenciaga shoes and he's wearing a Rolex watch and a necklace with a cross pendant his----.

"He's hot," bulong ni Lea sa akin, while Marco is smiling at us.

"It was nice meeting you Miss Villaruel, this I might check your clothing brand I guess," nakangiti siya habang sinasabi yon at hindi tinatanggal ang mga tingin sakin I feel awkward about it at I still smile at him.

"If you don't mind, do you have a boyfriend?" he asked. "Ehem bilis," Lea was faking a cup as she whispered. "I'm a mother of an almost 3 years old boy." sambit ko imbis na sagutin ang tanong niya. 

"Wow, that's hot," he drinks his beer "You're a single mom?" he asks. "Yes," he looks at me from head to toe and says "I can be the father of your almost 3-year-old boy-----.

"So you're here, I was looking for you," someone talk behind me, at paglingon ko si Survey wearing a white polo shirt white 3 bottons off at nakatupi yung slives nito hanggang siko niya, and naka black pants siya simple as that, pero mas hot ang dating niya kesa kay Marco.

Hoy, anong hot ka d'yan, mali! Cherry mali iyon! "Survey," I was looking at him when he grab my drink and drink it before looking at Marco.

"Mr. Del Mundo, you know each other?" Marco ask. "Of course, she's a partner of DLM corporation," he answered.

"Wow, so you're now hands-on even with your corporation partner Mr. Del Mundo, hindi ko alam na ganyan ka pala, it's cool keeping in touch with your partners," he said. 

"Yes, I'm hands on to important persons," he's looking at me when he mentions the word important person and looks at Marco again. Why do I feel butterflies in my stomach?

"Well, I guess I must leave," tumingin pa siya sakin bago umalis. "Why are you talking to him?" I look at my back but to my surprise wala na doon si lea san nagpunta yon. "Wala lang nakikipagkilala lang," I look away para iwasan siya.

he's staring at me so dark right now, "He's checking you out, Milk," he said, using his deep tone of voice while saying that and it makes me feel so tense, right now.

I still manage to talk "Hindi naman nakikipagkilala lang siya," giving him sa secure smile para iparating na hindi naman siguro ganon ang ginawa ni Marco.

I can see his jaw move and look away "I don't want you talking to him, and he also says that he's what! Wiling to be your son's father tss," why is he so pissed off by that.

Maybe I need to change the topic "Ano kuha lang ako ng drinks," I was about to go when he grabbed my wrist and "I will get it," siya na ang kumuha.

We drink and talk and drink and talk and laugh when the MC announces something.

"GUYS OPEN PO ANG BAND NATIN FOR SINGERS WHO WANT'S TO SING HERE INFRONT," I was just listening when I feel survey hold my wrist and raise it up.

"Miss Villaruel will sing for us," agad kong hinila ang kamay ko sa kanya.

"Hoy, ano ba hindi ako kumakanta, Survey," I whisper to him kasi lahat ng tao dito nakatingin na sa akin. I wasn't drunk yet kaya hindi ako tangang papayag na kakanta sa harapan.

"MISS VILLARUEL IS REQUESTED TO SING HERE INFRONT BY OUR CEO MR JACE SO LET'S CALL MISS VILLARUEL FROM VILLARUEL CLOTHING LINE EVERYONE," everybody was clapping and Survey push me para sumama doon sa lalakeng inaalalayan ako papuntang stage kung saan nandon yung banda.

Wala na akong choice. "Here's the microphone Miss, and own the stage, let's give Miss Villaruel a hand," and he steps out off the stage holding another mic. "Miss, anong kanta ang tutugtugin namin?" tanong nung drummer sa akin.

Shems ano bang pwedi kong kantahin. "Ok, guys while Miss Villarruel is singing, let's enjoy the night," sabi nong MC and give me a go signal para kumanta na. I look at the band when they started the beat.

"Someday you're gonna realize, one day you'll see this through my eyes, by then I won't even be there I'll be happy somewhere even if I cared,"

I look at Survey while singing and he stares at me listening to my song.

"I know you don't really see my worth, you think you're the last guy on earth, well I've got news for you I know that I'm not that strong but it won't take long, won't take long,"

"Cause, someday someone's gonna love me the way I wanted you to need me someday someone's gonna take your place, one day I'll forget about you, you'll see I won't even miss you someday, someday."

I don't understand his emotion through his face parang nasasaktan siya pero hindi mali siguro akala ko lang yon.

"Right now I know you can't tell I'm down and I'm not doing well but one day these tears, they will all run dry I won't have to cry sweet goodbye,"

"Cause, someday someone's gonna love me the way I wanted you to need me someday  someone's gonna take your place, Oh, one day I'll forget about you, you'll see I won't even miss you someday, I know someone's gonna be there,"

Someday I'll find someone and unluckily it's not you.

"Someday someone's gonna love me the way I wanted you to need me, someday someone's gonna take your place, one day I'll forget about you, you'll see I won't even miss you someday, someday,"

"Let's give Miss Villaruel a hand," everyone clapped, "Wow, that was an emotional performance Miss Villarruel and your voice is so cold and beautiful I must say," I smile, and after that, I step out off the stage I was about to go to survey when someone calls him in his phone.

Nagiba agad ang itsura niya parang nagaalala at agad siya umalis.

I stop and just watch him, runaway.

Again.