SIXTEEN

"Really?" Sophie asked, and when Grady nodded she pulled him into a tight hug. "Thank you so much!"

Everyone around the table was smiling at Sophie reaction, and Sophie was so glad that he parents said yes to her going to Hawaii!

"Can I be enlightened now?" Fitz asked, a smile on his lips.

Sophie nodded, turning to him. "Well, you know how you told me that you family is going it Hawaii next week...?"

Fitz nodded. "Yes,"

"Well, me and Biana had a plan and now I'm going to get to go to Hawaii with you and your family!"

Fitz's face was pure joy as he pulled her into a quick hug. "That's wonderful!" He said.

Sophie thought it was wonderful too, but it was kind of awkward at the moment with everyone staring at them.

Sophie pulled back from the hug and smiled at him. "Surprise,"

"And Sophie gets to meet Alvar," Biana said, causing Grady and Edaline to both look a little sick.

"This is so awesome," Fitz said looking like a kid on Christmas morning. "Thank you," He told Grady and Edaline—and that seemed to make them look a little less sick.

After a few more small conversations, the Vacker's left and Sophie went upstairs to take a shower. She then changed into her Pajama's and crawled in bed before going to sleep with a smile on her face.

§§§

The next day when Sophie was packing, her suitcase was so full it was almost busting at the seams. Sophie wasn't usually the person to over-pack, but she was going five hours away from her home and she didn't want to forget anything.

Sophie had made sure to tell Keefe, Dex, Tam, Linh, Marella, Jensi, and Wylie about her going to Hawaii with the Vacker's.

They were all pretty upset, but the person who'd seemed the most bummed-out was Keefe.

"But you can't leave me Foster," He'd said. "What if a tornado comes and I get transported to Oz?"

Sophie had laughed, but still said, "If you get transported to Oz, then just click your heels together—it's that simple."

Keefe smirked. "Yeah, and instead of 'There's no place like home', I'll say: There nothing better than being with Foster. Then I'll be transported to Hawaii."

So after Sophie was done packing, she decided to text Keefe and ask if he wanted to go get ice cream with her. And he'd said yes.

He'd told her to come over to his house for a surprise, and so that was what Sophie was doing at the moment.

She pressed the button and waited, but instead of Ro's voice through the speaker, it was Keefe's voice—and he sounded extra excited.

"Hey Foster!" He said. "This surprise was my mom's parting gift to me—and I know that I don't really care for her that much, but this gift was awesome—do you want to see it?"

"Sure," Sophie said as she gate opened. She walked up the driveway before a loud clanging noise made her stop and draw her attention toward the Sencen's three-car garage.

Out of the garage came a big, red truck, and in the driver's seat was none other than Keefe Sencen. After Keefe had pulled out of the driveway, he got out of the truck and walked up to Sophie.