{4} On My Mind

CHAPTER FOUR - On My Mind

     We head inside, and John immediately dives headfirst into my couch cushions. "FUCK DUDE! It's so comfy!"

     "Make yourself at home, I guess." I laugh as he snuggles with the pillows. His eyes fluttered closed a couple times before he forces them to stay open. I chuckle at his struggle. "Feel free to take a nap. I'll make food and wake you up when I'm done." he hums in response before burying his head into the pillow, closing his eyes.

     I smile and head to the kitchen. John is here. In my house. Oh my god! 

     I pull out ingredients to make tacos. It's easy and delicious, so what else can you want? I hum quietly to myself as I cook the beef, smiling the entire time.

     After finishing the food and setting the table, I walk towards the sleeping Kryoz. His face was squished into the side of the pillow, his hair scattered across his face, and his rings dangerously clung to life on his fingers. Yet, he still looked peaceful. 

"John..." I whisper, shaking him slightly. He groans and turns over, his hair falling to the side before relaxing again. I groan in annoyance. "John, you need to wake up before you inhale your hair."

     "Hmm?" His eyes flutter open, and once he sees me he gives a content grin. "This feels like a dream. Seeing you in real life but I know it's not because of the smell of food!" He sits up and runs to the kitchen. I rush after him and find him making his taco already.

     We ate our tacos in silence before John looks over at me. "So... excited to meet Jaren?"

     "John."

     "You have to meet him eventually! Talking about him wont hurt you," John shrugs.

     "I want to be excited?  I-I really do!" I say, stuttering at the mere mention of his name.

     "(Y/N), I know Smii7y better than anyone else. He is extremely kind and patient. He wont judge you, and if it takes you awhile to speak, he'll be there waiting. And another fun fact, he clings to hot people like us. If I can have him wrapped around my finger, Jaren will absolutely adore you."

     "You're an Idiot with your reasoning."

     "Ok!?! You act like he doesn't know you exist. You both are my best friends, and that means you get the same treatment. He knows more about you than you think."

     "So when you talk to me and send me pictures of Smii7y..." The anxiety digs into my chest, feeling like it's trying to break out at the realization.

     "He gets some facts and pictures of you. Obviously, I'm smart, and I don't share anything personal nor really meaningful. Just don't come to me if he knows your favorite band," Kryoz says, putting his hands up in defense, dropping his taco in the process. 

     "How is this knowledge supposed to help me?" I asked, slightly panicked.

     "Well, I know that he enjoys when I talk about you and even goes out of his way to ask for me to talk about you more. He wants to meet you more than anyone else from the friend group, and that's a fact." He walks to put his plate away, and I follow.

     "I really want to meet him too... I'm just not ready. I feel like my brain will shutdown at the thought of making eye contact with him or just simply saying hi," I say, looking down sadly as I sit on the counter. 

     "(Y/N), your overthinking this."

     "I've known Jaren as long as I've known you, and I developed this stupid crush only a couple years back. I always left it at that. Over the years, I've allowed my feelings to grow because I was sure I'd never meet him.  Now It's inevitable, and I'll have to establish a relationship with him. I'm going to embarrass myself... I'm just not ready."