chapter fifteen

Continued ...

- Sydnee -

I listened to music as i sat in the car and waited for Key to get back from the graveyard.

- Flashback -

"Daddy th- they killed him" I screamed in pain replaying him dying in my arms over and over again.

"Who was it Terrance?!" my dad shouted startling me.

"A cop pulled up and shot him dawg, so I shot back and murked that nigga" Terrance said and I continued to sob.

"You know you can do life T?!" My dad shouted and Terrance shrugged his shoulders.

"At least ima have a good reason fa it" Terrance said and my dads face softened up.

3 weeks later

"Dad why can't life be normal" I sniffled hugging him as we laid down on the couch.

"I don't know baby" he said and I shook my head dropping a tear.

"Let's go get us some food" he said getting up grabbing his keys. I slipped my slides on and walked outside to his truck.

On our way to the restaurant we passed by the many balloons, candles & flowers that everyone put down showing respect of Sy.

I closed my eyes then opened them again shaking the thought out of my head.

Once we got to the restaurant the least expected happened. As I ordered my usual, wings and a burger... shots were fired out of the window.

I locked eyes with the driver and he locked eyes with me right before he drove off.

I turned around quickly and dropped to the floor once I seen my dad was already got..

"Why... why are you taking all my people away from me god why" I shouted as I picked my dads head up resting it in my lap crying.

"SOMEBODY CALL 911 PLEASE" I screamed.

"Sydnee" my dads voice faded.

"Sydnee" he said it again but that was till I figured out it wasn't my dads voice. It was Key's.

- Flashback over -

"What you crying fa?" Key said and I raised my eyebrow then felt my face. It was nothing but tears streaming down my face.

"I was just thinking, i'm straight" I mumbled then looked out the window.

"Speak up ma" he said.

"I was just thinking about my dad that's all" I said a little louder and he nodded and dropped the topic.

He started to drive off and I started getting confused on the way, because I've never seen these streets.

"Where is we going?" I asked him.