•C H A P T E R 4•

Y/N's POV

"Y/N, these are the BEST cookies you have ever made!" Mara exclaims biting into her second cookie.

"Why thank you good sir, I appreciate your statement," I say in a proper tone. We both laugh thinking i'm so funny.

Knock knock!

Is that Emerson already? As I walk to the door, I check the time on my phone. 4:56 it reads. Wow, it has really been four hours since she called me.

I open the door and let Em in. "Girl we gotta prepare for this dude's arrival man! We gotta do—did someone make cookies? Ooh!"

She goes into the kitchen and grabs two cookies. "Mm these are delicious!"

After munching on my freshly baked cookies for a minute, she walks back to me and checks my number.

"Well, let's calculate how long it will take to fly 1,948 miles. Then, we can know the average time it will take for him to get here. Ew, I sounded smart."

I laugh at her. "Don't worry, it's a good look on you."

She slaps my arm playfully and heads to my room. "Shut up."

*A few minutes later*

"Alright, it says here that it takes a little over 13 hours to fly that far. So, he should be here at around 6:30 tomorrow night. That's if i'm doing the math right."

Hearing that makes my heart flutter. "Yeah, but that's if he is even trying to find me," I say. I'm trying to not get my hopes up. If he really is just traveling somewhere that's not here, then I don't want to be disappointed.

Em rolls her eyes. "It's better to be prepared than to have him come and then be a whole mess."

"Hey!" I slap her arm causing laughter from her and from someone outside my bedroom door. Mara.

Quickly, I walk to the door and open it obviously annoyed. "Mara, why are you listening in on our conversation?" I cross my arms waiting for her to answer.

"It's just, i'm so interested in this whole soulmate thing and to know that my sisters soulmate is traveling across the world to see her is sooo romantic!"

"See! That's what i'm saying!"

Again, I facepalm myself and sit on my bed. "You guys can believe he's coming to find me, but I prefer to not get my hopes up. Plus, it'll be a great satisfaction to prove you both wrong."

Em scoffs and crosses her arms. "Party pooper. Me and Mars will just party alone then." She gets up and walks toward the door.

"You're going to 'party' with the reason being that my soulmate may or may not be coming to find me and you just kicked me out?"

She nods then turns to me smiling. "But, since it is your house, I guess you can join in when you want to. But you're still uninvited."

I shake my head. "You make no sense.."

She smiles probably satisfied she achieved her goal of annoying me and walks out of my room.

Let's just say if my soulmate is coming to find me, what will happen then? Will we start dating? Will he move here? How awkward is it going to be when we first meet each other?

I check my wrist one more time. 1,938 miles. So far away, yet he's getting closer.

*the next day*

"Y/N," I hear someone say. No, I don't want to be woken up yet. I pretend to still be asleep. "Y/N, I let you sleep long enough. Come on."

I feel someone start jumping on my bed. Then, another person. Great. I sit up looking like a whole mother rat wanting to kill something.

"Yeesh, you look rough," Mara says jumping off my bed.

I fakely smile at her. "Thanks for the lovely input, Mara." I stand up and stretch. "What time is it anyways?"

Em checks her phone. "A bit past 2 pm. You are a late ass sleeper my guy."

Well shit. There goes my whole morning.

"Y/N, you only have like 4 hours until he arrives! Go take a shower and put on a nice outfit."

I cross my arms and walk toward my shower. "Okay mom."

"Hey, I'm just trying to help you even if that means being a mother!"

I shut my bathroom door and sigh. He's not gonna come. There's no way.

Jimin's POV

We are now landing in Indianapolis, the capital city of Indiana. Please stay seated until seatbelt lights turn off.

Finally. For what feels like forever, we finally arrive to the state my soulmate supposedly lives in. I already feel my heart rate speeding up. This is happening.

The seatbelt lights turn off and we exit the plane. We hurry through the airport while security helps us and we get into the black vans.

"Alright, Jimin. How many miles are left?" Namjoon asks me.

I take a deep breath before looking. This will hopefully tell us where to go. "148 miles."

He pulls out his laptop and starts typing in random cities. "Okay. We can either go north or south. We won't know unless we go one way. Let's go 148 miles north and see if the number lessens."

The driver takes off taking us to who knows where. I'm staring at the number on my arm as we go hoping it will drop and not rise.

After two minutes, the number drops a mile. The smile on my face appears almost instantly and without the intention of doing so. "Keep going north. It's the right way." Nothing can hide the happiness in my face right now. This is really happening.

Y/N's POV

After showering, I get dressed into sweats and a tank top. I'll make sure to get dressed before 6:00 so I don't make Emerson mad.

I go straight into bed and fall asleep as fast as the speed of sound. I may have just woken up from a 12 hour sleep, but i'm still wanting to nap so I don't look like a raccoon with the dark circles under my eyes.

*Four hours later*

I shoot up in my bed as I hear someone burst through my bedroom door. "Y/N!" Em whisper yells. "He's here."
_____________________
THE TENSIONNN ah. ahah sorry i left y'all on a cliffhanger. it's what i dooo hehe. i uh... have nothing to say heh. no "interesting" news, nothing. so i should probably get some sleep then 😂 have a great day/afternoon/night 💜nighttt :))