The Three-Headed Sentinel

(Y/N)'s POV

Hermione and I arrived at the hospital wing, only to be greeted by a very annoyed Madam Pomfrey, condemning the school for teaching such "dangerous activities" in our first year. As Madam Pomfrey left to find the logbook, Hermione grabbed my sleeve and pulled. I turned my attention to a very nervous Hermione with her eyes concentrating on a black marble tile. "Hey (Y/N). I wanted to say thanks for saving me. I was sure that I would just fall..." Hermione said. "All good Hermione, after all what are friends for?" I responded with a toothy smile. Hermione looked up and smiled. "Friends eh? I like that" she said beaming happily with the thought that she just made her first-ever friend.

________________________________________________________________________________

We joined Harry and Ron in the Common Room, and as the portrait slid open, Ron leaped of his chair to greet us. "Hermione, (Y/N)! You won't believe it but Harry's become the youngest seeker ever! He went after Malfoy who stole Neville's Remembrall!" Harry exclaimed. "Wow Harry. A seeker eh? Wish I was there to see it!" I said. Hermione puffed her cheeks in annoyance and said "But he could have got expelled." "That's not even the best part! Malfoy challenged him to a Wizards Duel Tonight! and I'm his back-up." Ron said, beaming proudly. Hermione's jaw dropped in shock as I chuckled, Hermione elbowed me in the ribs whispering "Don't encourage them." She then turned to Harry, hiding behind his potions book. "And I would expect better from you. Honestly, you just asking to be expelled!" Hermione exclaimed pointing at Harry. She then stormed to her dorm. "Well, you have been warned" I said, smiling.

________________________________________________________________________________

I was sleeping peacefully. Everything was perfect. Then I felt it, a shove in my shoulder. I rolled over in an attempt to ignore it. Then it shook me. "I'm just trying to sleep Harry, don't get me involved in your bloody duel." I mumbled quietly. I then heard a huff and then, "I expected that from you (Y/N)" a feminine voice said. I turned to the source and saw a smiling Hermione. "Hermione, why are you in the boy's dorm?" I queried. Hermione looked a bit bashful and responded with "I need your help with stopping Harry and Ron duelling Malfoy. Please (Y/N)?" She was pleading and I couldn't say no to her. "Fine, lets go." I said sitting up, yawning and stretching.

­________________________________________________________________________________

Hermione and I eventually make our way to the trophy room finding Harry and Ron. "Oi! You two gits were lucky you didn't get caught! Now let's hurry up and get back to our beds." I exclaimed. Harry and Ron looked a bit relieved when they saw us. "He stood us up!" Ron replied. "I'd expect nothing less from that foul turd" Ron said. "Come on, let's go." Hermione said. 

We made our way to the staircase. "Here we take this one." Harry said, "You sure, looks like it just leads to an empty corridor?" I replied. "Just move it already" Ron exclaimed, obviously still frustrated that he didn't get to hex Draco. We made our way down the dusty and dark corridor before Hermione spoke up. "We're not supposed to be here. This is the 3rd floor. It's forbidden." "Told you so." I whispered, earning me a nudge in the ribs from Hermione's shoulders. Suddenly, we stopped, our heads looked back as we heard a distinct "Meow". "It's Mrs Norris, RUN!" Ron exclaimed. We made our way to the end of the corridor, only to find an old wooden door. I attempted to push it open but it wouldn't budge, it was locked. "Oh move!" Hermione said as she pushed herself to the front and pulled out her wand and aimed it at the lock. She whispered " Alohomora." A distinct click could be heard as the door unlocked itself and was slowly opening. "Alohomora?" Ron queried, "Standard book of spells, Chapter 7." I replied. We all rushed into the room, quietly shut the door, and pressed against it, listening to the sound of Filch's footsteps disappear. Ron sighed with relief, "Filch is gone" he said. "Well this door was locked." Harry replied. "Guys, it seemed that is was locked for a VERY good reason. Whatever you do, don't turn around." I said. But naturally they all did and just like me they were staring at A GIANT 3 HEADED DOG! "I think we should leave" I remarked. The four of us bolt, running out of the door. We turn quickly to shut the door and battle against the dog. We get the door shut and run for our lives.

We eventually made it back to the Gryffindor Common room, we all stop to catch our breath. "What do they think they're doing?? Keeping a thing like that locked up in a school." Ron exclaimed. "You don't use your eyes, do you? Didn't you see what it was standing on?" Hermione replied as she slowly made her way up the staircase to the girl's dorms. "I wasn't looking at its feet! I was a bit preoccupied with its heads. Or maybe you didn't notice, there were three!" Ron replied back. "It was standing on a trap door. Which means it wasn't there by accident." I said trying to best remember the darkroom that was occupied by the fluffy beast. Hermione nodded in agreement  and said "It must be guarding something.", "Guarding something?" Harry asked. "That's right. Now, if you two don't mind, I'm going to bed before either of you come up with another clever idea to get us killed... or worse, expelled!" Hermione exclaimed before making her way into her dorm room and closing the door. "She needs to sort out her priorities!" Ron scoffed, Harry and I nod in agreement. I then lightly slapped Harry and Ron on the back of their heads and added "And you two need to know when Draco is setting you up, so please try not to get me into your trouble, goodnight." I made my way up to the boy's dorm room and collapsed on my bed and slowly drifted to sleep.

A/N

Hey guys, sorry about the wait, was busy with some things but now I have the time to keep this story going. Thank you all so much for the support by reading it. I hope to upload again before the end of the week!

-Sam.F