Chapter 14: To Be FriendZoned Or No To Be FriendZoned (Part Three)

Chapter 14: To Be FriendZoned Or Not To Be FriendZoned (Part Three)

I was on the verge of hyperventilating as I walked. Deep breaths, Cerise. C'mon, he's a regular guy, not some huge hot shot celebrity. You're a regular girl and this is a regular project. I continued to give myself the ineffective pep talk, but then the front door opened.

Upon his arrival, I felt my heart begin to race. My eyes traced his tall slender figure, from his messy brown hair. The closer he came inside, the better I could view him. His sparkling green eyes lighter than an emerald jewel. Seeing those helped me relaxed a little, but not a lot.

When his eyes fell on me, he showed a little astonishment. Definitely my hair. He looked just as nervous as me, but this was Carter Woods. He's never nervous, I kept reminding myself that. I took a deep breath, inhaling his overly strong cologne. Naturally, I would find myself stuttering about now, but neither of us said a word. However, his smile prevented that. 

Finally, the words flew out.

"All that for me?"

I couldn't help blushing at his cocky statement. Before I had a chance to respond, Kelly jumped into the conversation.

"Don't feel special, Woods." She told him, just as her mom entered with a camera?

"Carter! It's nice to meet you! I'm Mrs. Willis. Kelly's mum. I've always wanted to get the chance to officially meet you." She exclaimed

"It's a pleasure to meet you too, Mrs. Willis." Carter greets, kissing her on the top of her hand like she was some majestic queen.

"He's a keeper, Cerise." Mrs. Willis said at a fail attempt to whisper.

Like mother, like daughter

"Well I hope you don't mind me getting a few pictures." She says, turning on her camera.

Before I could object and say 'It's a project woman, not prom!' Carter pulls me close to him and we're actually taking the picture.

"Smile." He smirked, before turning attention back onto the camera that snapped.

I did not want to see that picture. My face was probably  filled with confusion.

"Well I'll leave you two. Have fun!'' She shouted over her shoulder as she exited.

"Okay, so let's get this straight. You'll have her back by ten. Not a minute later. Got that, pretty boy?" Kelly warns him, cracking her knuckles in the process.

I looked down at my watch. It was six thirty. I doubt this project would take up so much time.

"Yes, your majesty." He says sarcastically, running a hand through his hair.

"Have a good time, Cerise." Ronnie says handing me the housing container before hugging me tightly for about three minutes or more.

*

From bumper to bumper, the car was a beauty. I admired each and every one of its stunning details...

The headlights shone just as bright as the blazing sun up above, which was beaming off the hood and into the supyouple, leather interior. Then, looking down, I could see my reflection in the shiny, metallic rims; each surrounded by rugged, gravel-encrusted tires.

"Nice car" I complimented. Who am I kidding? It was more than nice, it was expensive and amazingly awesome. I had seen it many times, but tonight it was extraordinary.

"So I've been told many times." He flashed me a smile, patting on the hood. He opened the passenger side and I slipped in.

Couldn't this guy ever say thank you? At least he opened the door, the highlight of the night. He opened his side and joined me inside the car in the driver's seat. The rest of the ride consisted of radio music playing, it was weird that we liked most of the same music. And other times it consisted of his phone blaring up with text messages. We entered a rich neighborhood, figures of course he lived somewhere around here.