Κεφάλαιο δυο

//chapter Two//

I spent most of the day depressed in my room until I saw it was three forty-five in the afternoon

I rushed out of bed and down to the Backhouse, The dinner didn't start until 7 but there was a lot that needed to be done for over 300 wolves not counting some guest that we may have due to this huge alliance.

"YOUR LATE" Bethany, the pack's healer, and Emilie's Aunt yelled right as I started to pick up and help "you worthless piece of shit where have you been," she said making everyone stop whatever they were doing to turn and look at the scene unfolding in front of them.

"I lost track of time I'm sorry"

she laughed and looked around "weird, so you just forget that the alpha ordered YOU omegas to make tonight perfect and you just 'lose time' come on Aliyah. They put me in charge of you flops and I will not have a nasty relationship with the pack because of you" she turned around to pick up a huge stack of plates and stack them into my hands. "You set the table for the incoming families and You sever every last one of them" was the last thing she said before disappearing into the next room.

everyone quickly sent judgment my way before continuing with the task they were set to do.

I wobble outside to the long table careful to drop any plates I neatly set the plates onto the table. They had set 3 rows of 5 table's in the field to dine on, I start by draping white table cloths over every table and measured out them to line up evenly as the notes pointed, Then I set the six chairs at each table and also measured if the chair match correctly across from the other chair.

The Nebraskan sun starts to set behind the trees making it a lot easier to work. the plates that were handed to me were next to be set at every chair and on top of the plates sat a tag for every person, lastly was the utensils which had to be set us differently than this morning.

after everything was set I start to assemble the stage and mic as well as the table lined up for the important families so that everyone could see them.

.
..
...

three and a half hours later everything on the list was done.

I head back inside and grab one of the black and white maids outfits with a gold-plated name tag with my name on it. The high-waisted black pants and white button-up were nicely made

nicest things I owned.

I take the hanger of clothes and walked down to an unused bathroom to get ready.

The shirt was a little too big so I tucked it in into the high-waisted pants making it look a tad bit more fitted than it did before, I then took the chopped black flats I had on and slipped back into them. There was a brush and comb sitting newly packaged in a bin I'm guessing for those who got ready in this bathroom, so I take a package a ripped it open.

Mine already pinned up hair was then let down to be tamed a little and after brushing and combing through it I look somewhat good. With a little water, I was able to silk back my hair into a decent low ponytail.

By the time I was done, it was already 6:47. I could hear people walking and chatting above most likely heading to their designated seats.

this made me quickly clean everything up and head up stair then into the kitchen. I could see from the kitchen window that most of the families had found their seats and most of the important families were already seated except for two seats in the alpha's family. the kitchen broke into a panic double-counting food and making sure there were enough leftovers for the guest to plates. Meanwhile Bethany barked out threats that everything has to be perfect 'or else' but then her eyes landed on me. "How do we manage to supply you with well-made clothes and you still look junky ugh" she insulted "The upcoming alpha and luna are running 5 minutes behind schedule so you have to go out serve the alpha and luna some appetizers. Whatever you do DO NOT and I repeat DO NOT look them in the eye, unlike the other omegas we do not consider you one of them. you want to keep your worthless little life you will follow that one simple rule got it?"

I nodded my head

"Ok now go," She said walking off to talk to another group of omegas

I quickly grabbed a fresh tray of sausage and cheese kebabs, then walked out the kitchen into the backyard the stars had set above and the torch-lit most of the dinner. Being that I was the one that set it up I became pretty familiar with the layout making it a lot easier to get around still keeping my head bowed.         

At last, reaching the stairs to the alpha, beta, and delta table I carefully walk up and set the tray on an empty spot at the very end of the table I then proceeded to take each individual plate and set it in front of each and every one of them. "useless child my son and soon to be daughter in law just arrived and you dare skip their places " The luna hissed at my disrespectful. I quickly turn around and place two more plates on the empty spots before dashing off the stage and back into the kitchen to prepare their plates.

just then a scent hit me. zesty citrus with a hint of freshly cut pine

It was intoxicating.

"Ok everyone the future alpha and luna have arrived and are now seated everyone who was listed as a server start heading out to place plates with food on the tables you were assigned to."

Not having time to investigate I quickly grabbed my two large trays and head out back into the backyard where the families were sitting my eyes quickly shot up to meet the source of the smell.

My Mate

The future alpha

♡edited♡