15

Back at the Mikaelson's home, Klaus leads his younger half-brother and 'Callista' to the room where he keeps all of his family's coffins

Back at the Mikaelson's home, Klaus leads his younger half-brother and 'Callista' to the room where he keeps all of his family's coffins. The sight is a bit unsettling with the coffins scattered almost like decorations, especially when thinking about the torture the hybrid has put his siblings through with the daggers

One wooden coffin is opened to reveal a daggered Rebekah, her skin grey and riddled with desication from Esther hijacking her body. Klaus removes the dagger and lets out a sigh, dropping the weapon on the table off to the side.

The three stroll over to the coffin with the Mikaelson mother's dead body and stare down with acrimony. The hybrid lowers his voice to a vengeful whisper. "Your trap failed, mother. I live and I will go on living."

His face morphs into one of wicked somber, wishing he was more torn up about the loss of his mother but instead hoping for the worst for her in her afterlife. "Let your beloved spirits try to preserve you again."

Klaus raises his voice, consumed in his own world with his monologue laced with animosity, "I dare you to come after me. I will build an army so big no one will ever touch me. My survival will haunt you through eternity. You will never destroy me!"

The goddess opens her mouth, not caring if Esther can hear her words from the other side. "May the evil bitch not Rest In Peace." The two brothers don't have to answer to show they share the same perspective as the girl.

Kol speaks up, "At least Alaric has decided not to transition." Klaus nods his head at this while Atë glances down at her feet, an ounce of guilt flooding her system momentarily for her actions recently, or lack thereof.

Kol quietly asks, attentive to how the brunette carries herself, "What is it?"

The normally confident and cold girl lets out a quiet breath before attempting to avoid the question, "While you two wait for Rebekah to wake up, I'm going to visit Elena since I'm sure she's still shaken up."

The goddess departs from the room, but Kol pursues after her and grabs her wrist gently in the hallway. "Callista, I know there's something else on your mind."

For a second, Atë is frustrated at how the Original knows something is up with her but she calmly states, "I almost stopped Esther, but she got in my head."

"You're not holding yourself accountable for Alaric's upcoming death are you?" Despite the history teacher's predicament being Esther's fault, she can't help but be angry with herself for faltering. He notices her hesitation, "My mother is fully responsible, not you."

Atë slightly frowns at his words, "If I hadn't of gotten distracted, Alaric wouldn't have to face death so soon."

Her next words come out a bit rushed, feeling the weight of it all looming over her head, "I had the power to stop her and the spell, but she somehow knows more about my own origin than I do. I thought it wasn't possible but now the only person who knows the truth about who my father is...is dead."